All member reviews for Identical

Teen, 14 years old Written byurmysunshine2013 July 29, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

disturbing. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN READ THIS BOOK. PERIOD.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 7, 2010

I didn't really like it, it depressed me

What on earth has Ellen Hopkins been through! Geeze! Nothing agents her but it made me feel gray.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrs.bieber123 October 28, 2011

What would you do? and how would you do it?

i' m teen and i think that this book was the most understanding book i ever read and i think every body should read this because is talking about life and how some people go threw this every day...and this is for the people who don't understand i think that if you have kids and they ever went threw something like this..WHAT WOULD YOU DO??? so you have to ask your self this is a great book and i might just have my child or teen read this so they know they can tell me anything!.....so this book was AMAZING!!! <333 ILY ELLEN HOPKINS!
Teen, 17 years old Written byJacquieJonas May 12, 2010

I really did like this book a lot, I have read it twice and I keep wanting to go back to it. I am 17 and I do believe that is a book for a more mature crowd...To parents: Do not let your younger children read this because it is not a positive message but it does give an understanding to older teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfatcheecks65 January 7, 2009

one of the best

one of the best books i have ever read.i loved it so much.it was so sad and it surprised me so much.i really think that it is worth reading
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 27, 2011

Brutally Honest

Great, fast read. Mature teens can handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written by-obliviate October 30, 2011

Great.

This is one of the greatest books I have ever read. Although there is some content I realized may may not be very appropriate for younger people, I really enjoyed it. It kept me thinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFridaCupcake89 September 28, 2011

GREAT BOOK 5 STARS

Great Book!! Teaches You And Stoppes you from doing stupid things and also shows you what happens when you do those kinds of stuff
Teen, 14 years old Written byLexiLyric May 27, 2011

Very good, but you must be mature

It's a really good book, but you have to be mature to appreciate it, and realize that stuff like this can happen, I would say you shouldn't be any younger that 14 just because it is a very mature book. It's written in free-verse and the book shows things people will do for drugs sex and money.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2010

hate it scary
Teen, 17 years old Written byFreeMinded June 7, 2010

Love it:) It was Good...I am 14 and I think it can be recommended for ages over 14 not under. Because the first Ellen Hopkins book i read was Impulse it was a little too much. This book is my favorite so far!
Teen, 14 years old Written byzerealevilcelery May 17, 2009

Ok...

This is foshizz one of the best books I've ever read and I spend probably 6 hours a day reading if that tells you anything. The sexual content is there and somewhat described but not beyong the point that most young teens are aware of. The bad rolemodels are everywhere but not unrelatably. I am a 14-year-old honors student but I know an abundance of people who are like the characters. It is about the maturity and I say again, the book won't kill them. You know your child and their maturity. You could read it first or read it with them, discuss it with them, whatever. Just because the concepts involved sound terrible, it doesn't exactly make the book toxic.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoularcher April 30, 2012

Intense but Incredible

Although it is a hard read- extremely intense content- I loved Identical. I cannot say that there weren't times during which I wanted to close the book and read it later, but it's just too interesting. It's a new world, and I was just way too curious and compelled with the characters. It's hopeless, but you love them. Parents, if your kid is a mature thirteen or fourteen year old (or older), let them read this. I would recommend that they start with other Ellen Hopkins books, just so they get used to this kind of content. In exchange for this permission, they will love it. Just make sure they are mature. I read it a few weeks after becoming thirteen and do not regret it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookkeeper July 12, 2011

Be Very Cautious

I read this book when I was fifteen and wish I had waited longer. Ellen Hopkins is very graphic and though the poetry/prose style is well-executed, the plot and characters are disturbing. This is not a good first choice for someone who is young or has never read a book that featured sex, abuse, or drugs.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykayy33 November 29, 2010

its so unique

I love her books. ive read most of her books and shes just amazing, she gives such detail not too much but enough. she shows manyy points of veiws it is jst amazing. i am always eager to read her other books. this book is so amazing at first i was confused but it is like a puzzle peices that make the big picture. at the end a big huge shocking surprise.
Teen, 14 years old Written byloverrr February 4, 2010

Ellen Hopkins makes her books better and better!

This book is soooo good. Ellen Hopkins writes books, that once you start them, you won't be able to put them down. I have read all of her books and I started reading them when I was 11. They all contain drugs, sex, violent scences, language, but I was mature and I'm 14 now and now that I see friends and people with drug issues and abuse, I understand better, it really opened my eyes and made me aware. I think this and any of her books are good for 12+!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bym.miaa April 12, 2011

LOVE IT

This is the best book I have ever read, I loved it so much I'm going to read the rest of her books. Yes, it was a little inappropriate at times but it only got me thinking how much disgusting it was, especially the cutting and throwing up parts, and made me not want to even think about doing it. It was definitely a page turner and I recommend it for anyone 14 and up as I am 14 going on 15 this week and I read it a few months ago.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhyungteo October 26, 2010

Great book (:

I read this when I was a freshman. I had already been into Ellen Hopkins, and this is the last book I got around to reading. It deals with a huge range of problems. Maybe parents don't think this is age appropriate but I found it incredibly educational. Maybe you don't want your children exposed to such serious issues but...why not? There are teens out there who live lives like these. This is showing the real world. I'm glad that I can understand situations like this, I am glad I am not ignorant. I understand the themes discussed in the book. I learned most of what I know of drugs and sex from books without any firsthand experience. Isn't that the best way to learn? There will be teens out there who will find it to be a bit too much, and I understand that. Teens like that will probably put down the book. Trust your child's judgement. Ellen Hopkins accurately portrays real, extreme situations that one will have to understand at some point in their life.