Very violent, stereotyped look at life in the 'hood.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddiethenonreader December 12, 2011

I don't know why this only got 2 stars...

i absolutely hate reading. i am going to be honest with you. it sucks. last year in 8th grade i read 4 books. this happend to be one of them. my friend reccomended it to me so i decided i would try it out. i fell inlove. this is by far the best book i have ever read in my whole life. the ending was sad and the begining got me hooked. its a good book for people to read to realize that there is the life that most of us live, where we have it easy and there is the life in the projects where kids role modles are gang leaders who deal drugs for a living. this is the only book i have ever reccomended. i really hope you read it, it is AMAZING!
Teen, 13 years old Written byandasif June 23, 2012

Not realistic

I didnt really like it but i can see how other people would like it. It was kinda preditable. And there seemed to be too many good guys for being in the projects. But i can see at the end were the whole money going to your head thing can lead you. And when you read this you think they have pretty clean mouths for being in a gang.
Adult Written byYoungPositive November 13, 2014

The best

I am Also in middle school I saw this book and it cought my eye it was very interesting book and it's educational for us to learn that we really do have the choice do I want to be a dead gang member some day no we all have our choices you want choose that life go ahead this book is very good their is some violence in this book yes I know about the shooting and robbery and sexuality and drugs this boy lives in the projects again remember in the projects happen a lot of things you take your risks of life going out their to live or die
Teen, 14 years old Written byBROOKE!! January 6, 2012

AWESOME!

Personaly i love this book it juss tells about a kids life out in the fredrick douglas project, its very intersesting. once you pick up the book you dont wanna put it down, it juss pulls you in. I love it and i think alot of other people love it
Teen, 16 years old Written byS.K August 26, 2011

Thoughts on why you should this book

If you grew up in conditions similar to the ones in this book, then you will absolutely love this book. It's not just about gang violence and drugs and what not, it tells the message of how you can always have other options and to always stay on the right path. You will never know how a kid will turn out just by his/her childhood. Stranger things have happened. And if you don't believe that, read this book and see if you can figure out who ends up in with a good future, and who ends up in jail.