Gritty book about suicide survivors told in free verse.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypunk93 November 30, 2009

If your children ask questions let them read for thier selfs

I am 16 years old I love it, its the best book i think all teens need to read it..so they know what goes on and noy to let things get out of hand..
Teen, 14 years old Written byuprising October 2, 2009

Great book

LOVE IT! This book isn't as bad as it seems, the suicide isn't a big deal in the book. It's about getting better and making friends and learning to be yourself.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbabb September 22, 2009
This book was overall good. I liked how the authour used peotry in this book. But there were a few T.M.I. moments in this book, with the teens talk about personal issues and troubles.
Teen, 16 years old Written byair-ik-uhhh.lov... September 21, 2009
this boook is amazing it can relate to most you kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bylittlemissomfgee September 13, 2009

perfect book for teens who are trying to relate to hard situations.

i like this book a lot. it shows what people are going through and what it is like for teens who are troubled. This book gives a very realistic view of teens going through hard times and it feels like you are there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlazing Innocence September 1, 2009

Perfect for any teenager, 12+

loved this book, the way it was written, the characters,and the way emotions were displayed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeMikaMika August 21, 2009

Amazing Book!

I LOVE this book, as well as all Ellen Hopkins books. It's very meaningful, and it really spoke to me about suicide and death.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKayeleeHope August 7, 2009

Best book I've ever read

I adore this book! I havent read a greater book in my entire lifetime. It really had me thinking that teens just like me have terrible pasts like tony, vanessa, and connor. I could relate to vanessa on the part of self inflicting pain, because of my mother (but my mother is alive). When i picked up the book, i couldn't put it down.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivinonadream May 30, 2009

So Good

This is definitely the best book by Ellen so far. It was my favorite, and the most captivating. There is the factor of the three suicidal teens, which either makes people intrigued or disturbed. Yes, it is about that, but there is a bigger story. It is an amazing book in which you can learn about the lives of troubled teens. Things like that happen daily, and although many people don't want to believe it, it's true. I think younger people can read this (I did read it when I was 11) without wanting to commit suicide. I love all of Ellen Hopkins' books and I can't wait to read more!
Teen, 14 years old Written byzerealevilcelery May 17, 2009

Insightful

This was the first book by the author I read. Ellen Hopkins is love. The book is insightful and the characters are well-developed to the point that stereotypes aren't big and the characters changes are very well-illustrated.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThepainwithinme March 13, 2009

The greatest book by Ellen Hopkins.

This book is amazing. It is beautifully written and flows so well. The story line is touching. It's a book that really makes people realize that suicide is out there, and we can try and help them. Thanks to ellen hopkins for writing such an AMAZING book. I L-O-V-E it !!!! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byjasminej09 February 19, 2009
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2009

Great Book, Good For Teens.

I myself, am not a teen. I am 12, but pretty advanced for my age. So far, I have noticed that there are some pretty bad language, sex talk, and suicide talk. Yet, it is still a very good book. I think it is good for teens to be able to learn about this, even as young as they are. I would say, if your child is mature enough, then age 12 would be completly fine. If not so mature, maybe age 14, youngest. This book is probably a best read for people 13-17. I am enjoying every bit of this book, and for sure, I am reading the following books.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMusicSavesLives January 26, 2009

Another great lesson from Hopkins' pen!

Or pencil. Whatever. Anywho, I digress. This book, like her others, teaches a great lesson and it really opens peoples' minds to things like teen suicide and abuse. It was depressing, but it was really a great read. The verse made it feel more like the characters must have: lost, confused, angry, and depressed. I loved it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byanonie January 16, 2009

amazing book.

Impulse is definately no disney story. It doesn't have the perfect fairytale ending obviously, and doesn't have perfect characters. The book is so real. It is the kind of book that makes you want to keep reading. I garentee you will read and read and read and you will have all 666 pages read in 3 days. It finally gives you a chance to get into these characters head's and get a chance to really know what they are going through. It is an easy thing to relate to, so I reccomend that people read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykiwicore January 15, 2009

I LOVED IT!!!

i loved this book... it really shows how things are like in the real world and yeah i liked how it showed three points of views of Conner, Vanessa, and Tony. once i got the book i started to read it and never put it down till i finished it. I ThOT it wAs PreTty SAdd Tho..
Teen, 14 years old Written byfatcheecks65 January 7, 2009

ahhhh

this is one of the only books tht have ever made me cry it was so sad and i loved it. i can't wait to read the rest of her books
Teen, 14 years old Written bybaby_j_k December 9, 2008

I have read all her books and I love the free-verse style and I love how she writs about things that teens go through. Crank, Glass, Impulse and Burned are some of the best books i've ever read!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycatalina November 27, 2008

its just awesome!!

okay soo.... this book made me cry at the end i wrote an essay about it and the essay was really damn long i will definatly read it again=]]] ellen hopkins is my fav. author =]] i read 3 of her books burned-impulse and crank i am looking for glass and identical but i cant find them=]]] anyways if you are a teen you have to read this book because it kinda explain to you the meaning of life or maybe that you aint the only one who is feeling that way and there are worst people in this world=]] but yeah her books have actually learned alot from her books =]]]] read this book you wont get tired of it hehe
Teen, 14 years old Written byashpadg April 9, 2008

Best Book for 7th or 8th grade on up out of highschool

I attend high school, and for students now days, it is very hard to get us to read. If we do read it must be interesting [knowing from experience] I got introduced to the book "Impulse" by a friend. She would read bits and pieces of it to me and it interested me even more. I just had to read it. So i started reading Impulse, and it just grabbed me. I grew to feel like i knew the charecters. They grow on you, and you know tons in their personal life. Ellen Hopkins captured real life for teenagers. Didn't act like she new teenagers. She made you feel like she knows teens. Other authors act like they know our lives and only tackle bits and pieces of our lives. Yes this book does have subjcts that parents may not like. But im telling you let your tween or teen read this book. I never ever read and i couldnt put this book down at all. By far the best book i have ever read.