All member reviews for Impulse

Gritty book about suicide survivors told in free verse.

Teen, 15 years old Written byfreehugsperla April 9, 2008

i loved this book

its such a good but it made me realize wht kids go thru it was such a good book
Teen, 14 years old Written byPinkFloyd April 9, 2008

The best book ever!!!!

Well I thought it was full of thoght. It was put together real well. I read the book 3 times. I am reading it for the forth time. It is really good.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysummer04_dk April 9, 2008

Intense

Impulse can be summed up as intense and easy to read. It explored very very well the mind of teenagers and the issues in their lives. The teens in this book come from very abusive (both physical, mental, and sexual)backgrounds, it has some language that adults might find inappropriate but nothing your kids wouldnt have heard if not used before. Its very open, dosent hold anything back. It gives you an intense insight in the lives of these troubled teens. All about their problems, how they handle it, how the society handles it, etc... I LOVE THIS BOOK. AND I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY TEEN. But it would probably relate better to ages 16->
Teen, 15 years old Written bylover01 April 9, 2008

I love this book...it is pretty amazing~!~

This book was very graphic and it explored the minds of teenagers that had nothing in common but that they all tried to commit suicide and are now in a mental facility and they meet and dont kno that they hav that in common. Tony one of the main characters is supposed to be gay and then falls in love with vanessa as does connor. They all go on a hike after they are at a level three and connor commits sucide by jumping off a cliff. Personally I love this book and i am reading it again for a project in my english class...i havnt read crank or burn yet but i plan to very soon. I recommend this book to anyone who gets invovled in helping peoples lives out. My friend and i actually cried when Connor died b/c when we read it, it felt like Vanessa, Tony, and Connor bacame a part of us.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBenonce April 9, 2008

THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!

I THOUGHT B/C IT WAS SO LONG IT WAS GONNA BORE ME QUICK BUT IT WAS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE! I LOVE THIS BOOK AND EVERY OTHER ELLEN HOPKINS BOOK! I CONNECTED WITH EACH OF THE CHARACTERS IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS. I RECCOMEND THIS BOOK TO ANYONE LOOKING TO FIND YOURSELF OR JUST FOR A GREAT READ.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrily213 April 9, 2008

Amazing

This book is amazing. Its one of those books were you just can't put it down, you wanna keep reading it. It has so much emotions and drama in it. I love this book, and if you havent read it, you need to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byXxginger_girlxX April 9, 2008

i love this book and own crank, burned, and this one!!!

my cousin bought crank cuz we were bored and it looked good. by the end of the day me and her had both finished it. Then i was out looking for my own copy when i came across the other two books and bought them... i became addicted to her books... and got many of my friends reading them.. My mom has seen them and even though she thinks that the kids in the stories have issues she knows that i dont and that i just love these books and is ok with me reading them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycarlybby April 9, 2008

LOVED IT!

I enjoyed this book. im really into dramatic books and this was a really intresting and touching story for me, :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bywolfbear87 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byaudreyluvsu3 April 9, 2008

A must read for teenagers

Alright, so I finished this book last night. It was really good and very compelling. I would recomend it to ages 13 and up. Parents that dont want to expose their kids to this need to realize that its the real world and they are going to be faced with issues someday. I have a friend that was talking about suicide and I told her to read this book. Really, it is great.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKatara97 April 9, 2008

Honestly

For those parents who are afraid of exposing their children to the imperfections in life, this book is not for you. I personally believe this book is very life like, having had family and best friends commit suicide. This book really bring these acts into perspective and shows you what damage suicide can do to those around you. VERY GOOD BOOK.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybri0507 April 9, 2008

i love this book

This is one of those book that once you start reading it you can't let go of it. My friend let me borrow it for three days and i had to give it back today, i only read to page 330. i cant wait until i go buy it tomorow morning. so far i think Ellen Hopkins is a great writer.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythor_luv April 9, 2008
Adult Written by;ives_on_impulse April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byLauraAnn213 April 9, 2008

LOVE IT

This book is amazing,including her other books BURN, and CRANK, and i cant wait to read GLASS. This Author is amazing. The book never stops pulling you in. You wont be able to put it down.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

an amazing book!

im 11 and my friend recomended me to the book crank because she knew i could handle the the topic, enjoy the type of writing and she thaught i would enjoy the book. i finshed it [crank]and fell in love with ellen hopkins. the next day i went to buy crank and i found impulse. everyone jokes around that i do things on an impulse, so i figured i should check out the book. i bought it and finished it later that day. it is really an amazing book. For parents who are scared to let their children read books such as impulse, you really do have to give your kids a chance to read what they want; and if your truly scared why dont you let them read the book, then talk about it with them. I think kids my age (11) are a little young for impulse, but if they are mature and can handle the facts of death and depression, i definatly recomend this book!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTHE (PUNKcess) KIDD April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byfishie09 April 9, 2008

great book

I really enjoyed this book. It was exciting and intense at the same time. What i like about Eleen Hopkins is that she makes her characters relateable in such a akward way. One minute you'll be reading this book and then relize you relate to someone in this outstanding book. I read Impulse when I was fifteen it was to much to take in, but I have read it over and over again. I sugest you let your daughters and sons read Impulse.

a must read

this book was soo good and so compelling...i found it hard to put down. If you do not like storys about deatha depression do not read this book. overall it was a really good story. MOst peoople dont understand why people self-mutilate but this story brings you right in to the action and explains that life can get hard sometimes ...even for the perfect person