All member reviews for Inkdeath: Inkheart Trilogy, Book 3

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 20, 2010

Drama! Adventure! Romance! Action! Brilliance!

I just finished this book today and let me tell you, it was COOL! This is a great book, even more so than the others in the series, but I will warn you that this is not for children. There is little description in the worst parts but there are some pretty "ugh" areas of the book that little kids probably shouldn't read. Some things are just brief references of things such as a plan to kill a man and turn his skin into paper (he would've done it too!) or a woman having a crush on a married man. Other things are shown, without any really gory detail or sometimes no detail at all, like children being trampled by warhorses. This is a rough book. All that aside, this is a must-read for teens and adults. It has a brilliant, at times hard to follow, storyline as well as an amazing, detailed, but not too detailed, narration... thingy. One more thing: commonsense is wrong. This book is much darker than the last.
Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2010

Third and final book and series is up there with Inkheart!

This story receives a full five stars and is at the same level---if not better---then Inkheart! RECOMMENDED!
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2011

................

Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2011

Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2010

Alright...a bit of a letdown, though

This book was okay. It was extremely dark, so you may want to watch for that. And there was tons of cussing, which every now and then it's okay (sounds like what real people would say) but it kind of gets excessive and annoying. Meggie and Farid are kind of have a relationship which I don't really like, kind of takes away from their characters. (but Mo an Dustfinger are still awesome :D) So I kind of recommend it if you read the first two.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2010

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!

this book is lame it was soooooo boring i couldn't even finish it. There is a lot of dead people and killing i think the author had writers block in this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... April 3, 2011

Geared towards teens

Excellent! This book is filled to the brim of imagination. It is also action packed throughout. There is some swearing and kissing but it is nothing too bad. Inkdeath centers on the fact that anything is possible through literature and in the end you won't be able to stop thinking about the characters Ms.Cornelia has created.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2010

Great book!

i'm still reading this book, and its great!! But mabe not for people who dont like violence in books.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarleighskates December 28, 2009

Inkheart

I loved it its an AWESOME MOVIE!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni February 12, 2010

An imaginative book!

this book is NOTHING like its predecessors. it is so much more vivid and imaginative. although Mo is more on the spotlight than Meggie, the effect is still brilliant. the book is descriptive and will give you a full understanding of what is going on. the only things i would watch out for younger kids is the violence; there is torturing mentioned, although none is actually inflicted; and meggie is caught between two boys that she both likes. other than that, a very good book!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2009

The last book falls short of good wholesome reading

There is so much gruesome gruesome being key word here violence and peril including death of children and kidnapping of children. Mo and Meggie make smart decisions but honestly this book is so full of sex!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byPokemonKrystal December 17, 2008

Anxious to know the ending but wishes it never ends.

I also like the chapter-head quotes. The characters aren't described that well and bits of their description are found throughout the chapters. At first you have an image of them until the color of their hair is specified and your whole image changes. The story, however, is very creative as every character plays a different yet interesting role. Funke has a wonderful imagination and readers are bound to fall in love with characters. I just finished Inkdeath right now and I recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalloronie11 April 17, 2009

I love the entire book!!!!

I t is a must read book!!!!!! it has a wonderfull plot and whene you read it it feels like you just wish you could go inside the the book itself .the one thing is meggie makes a retarted desicion at the end
Teen, 13 years old Written byInkweaver January 5, 2012

The last and exiting book of the series!

I found that the series were a blast! You can relate to characters in the book, like the heroine Meggie, her protective father Mo, Elenor the book lover! The third and last book shows more of the dark side of the Inkworld, there are a couple of death scenes but the author doesnt go into a deep explenation of how it happened. The book is very exiting and each chapter finishes on a cliff hanger. I really adore this series, it's full of magic, dark magic and adventure. I recomend this book, but not to the younger kids because they do swear a bit in the book, and the book revolves around darkness BUT the heroes in the story are determined to make things better in the Inkworld!
Teen, 14 years old Written byravenclaw456 May 31, 2014

depressing

I absolutely loved inkheart and inkspell but I had to stop halfway through inkdeath beacause it was so sad and depressing, there was no frikcing light in the darkness *cries*
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowhunter_girl December 1, 2013

Pretty good, but has dark violence not fit for kids

I read and liked the series a lot. There's is lots of action and adventure, but a confusing storyline that new readers to the series will find hard to follow. There is violence, but not so much to avoid the book. Most of the violence is dark, like torture and cruel mutalations. I think that this is a nice conclusion to the series and fans will not be disappointed.
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

good book

This is a good book. But this book is more about violence than the second.