All teen and kid member reviews for Insurgent: Divergent, Book 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenActress22 June 1, 2012

Fantastic

It was fantastic. Absolutely beautiful. Good role models. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. At times I was laughing out loud from the small bits of comic relief, which were actually very funny. There is violence and more sexual content than in the first, but still staying in the PG-13 relm. I was so impressed. The character developement, not just for the main characters, but all of the characters was so deep and I was never left wondering about something because it wasn't explained. Tris's relationship with Four is mature and a good example for teens to show equality in a relationship, instead of the guy always coming to rescue the girl like in so many young adult books. I can't help but swoon over Four/Tobias. He doesn't treat Tris like some fragile girl that needs rescuing. They save each other multiple times and stay strong with out the whole damsel in distress thing. (Thankfully). Oh it was sooooo good!! Excuse me while I sit here and die on the inside waiting for book three, which is more than a year away. Anyway, there wasn't anything really alarming. There is making out and heated arguements, gun fights, torture, and many beloved characters die, some more gruesomely than others. I am surprised Common Sense didn't mention that one of the character's is discovered to be gay in this book, she admits having been in love with another one of the girls. (Not that it's bad for a gay character to be in the book, I just observed that Common Sense usually comments on it.) Amazing book. You have to read it. You HAVE to read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenclaw1999 August 5, 2012

Great! But for mature teens only!!!

As with the first book in the series, it has to much sexual content. IT RUINS THE BOOK! It encourages teens (like me) to go on to a serious relationship when age 16 or 17 is way to young for a relationship that serious. I believe in abstinence. However, Tris is an overall-good-role-model. Much better than back talking Katniss Everdeen.This book hits a home run!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGavin Gifford June 7, 2012

Insurgent

Good but not for children under 13
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2013

Like The Hunger Games

I'm a 11 year old girl, but I read at high school level. I picked out Divergent and the rest of the trilogy because I loved the Hunger Games so much. Lots of this book relates to the Hunger Games, so I don't recommend it if you haven't read the Hunger Games first. All in all I loved the whole series and totally recommend it!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Beautiful book, 11 and up

Insurgent is beautiful, just like Divergent. Veronica Roth has done it once again, and this time it's even better! Since I am 11, I know most of you teens think that you have to be at least 13 to read Divergent / Insurgent, but I feel that really mature 11 year old kids should be able to read it, too. Because some kids can't handle the content, it's a wiser choice not to read it, but since I am a huge reader, I chose to read it. In fact, I persuaded my mom to read it too, and she thought the same. Anyways, Tris is becoming more of a soldier day by day. Trust me, she's the best role model you can get. Nothing like Katniss or that disgusting Bella. She's so brave! Although Insurgent does include some heavy kissing and lifting of shirts, Tris and Tobias / Four do NOT have sex. Though the word sex is used quite a lot, with some other language. Not that bad. It does include a lot more fighting than Divergent, though. Overall, I think this is a great book! If you have read Divergent already, READ INSURGENT!!! I'M TELLING YOU IT'S THE BEST THING EVER!! It got me hooked, every time I read at night I said "one more chapter" over and over in my head. So please, read it :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug January 19, 2013

READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!! This is a must read after Divergent. I cried, and was afraid, i felt like i was in the book. This is amazing and i cannot stress enough that you have to read this book. 12 year olds can handle it and there is nothing that is really bad.
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2012

AMAZING BOOK, A MUST READ!!!!

This book is wonderful. This book is full of romance and action. i absolutely loved it to no end. The story of Beatrice and Four (Tobias) continues in this spellbinding book. If you have read Divergent, which is the first book in this series, then read this, this one is even better. And if you haven't read Divergent, than read that first. And if you haven't read Divergent, but you have read the Hunger Games, and you liked it, than read Divergent, which is actually even better than the Hunger Games. But whatever you do, READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshivamhey April 30, 2013

SNOOKI MUST READ THIS BOOK! (RANDOM??)

This book topped Divergent. This book is AMAZING!!! Sex: 5.9/10 There are LOTS of talks about sex, much more than the prequel. There are talks about 'doing her' and many uses of the word sex. Sex is implied in one scene, 'moaning orgasmically' is mentioned, but it turns out to be a joke. Violence 9.5/10 Much more violence than Divergent, just MUCH less gory detail. But this, by far, has the most goriest and disturbing bit in the prequel/sequels. nothing else really good book awesome :)
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2012

CLIFF HANGER AND THE KILLING OF AWESOME CHARACTERS

It was an amazing book, BUT WHY THE CLIFF HANGER. The characters where perfect, unfortunately most of my fav side characters die. I think ever since mocking jay (hunger games) people decided that its necessary to kill off awesome characters. I still deeply enjoyed the book. It meet every expectation from the last book. i cant wait for the 3rd book to come out...GET THE BOOK :P
Teen, 15 years old Written bywiwo40514 June 9, 2012

AWESOME!

I was a fan of the "Divergent" trilogy ever since i read the book. I even pre-ordered "Insurgent" because i was so excited. There was violence in this book too and but also sends out a positive message. Tris is a very good romodel. Veronica Roth did an excelent job writing this. It could not have been better. It did consist of some kissing between Tris and Four, but it never got to the point that they had sex.It involves sexual content but thats it. I recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 June 1, 2012

TOPPED DIVERGENT! I DIDN'T EVEN THINK THAT WAS POSSIBLE!!!

OMGOODNESS IT IS SO ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE IT!!!!!!! Whoever gave this one star is CRAZY!! I usually can't stand main characters (Katniss makes me so mad, Bella is disgusting, Lena reminds me too much of Bella, etc.) Tris is the only character who I have agreed with everything they did. She is strong, unwavering, and beautifully flawed. I adore how she isn't a "pretty" girl, unlike every other freaking main character ever!!!! Tris is Tris, and doesn't care if you like it or not. I thank Veronica Roth for defying the love-triangle status-quo. A love triangle infuriates me more than words can express. Oh, and Tobias..... Excuse me while I swoon. Upped the romance a little, which I was happy for. I love a good love story. More than anything else. A traitor's interrogation is profiled, in which Eric, the traitor, tries to intimidate Tris, and Tobias tells him to leave her out of it, to which he replies "Why? Because you're doing her?" I tried not to but I giggled like a little girl. Passionate kisses, with taking shirts off. But THEY ARE IN LOVE. SO ALL Y'ALL JUST SHUT UP. THIS BOOK IS ART.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2013

Best sequel I have read, not disappointing!

While most books have a disappointing sequel, I felt this did not disappoint me at all! Even though I thought the first was better, it was only by a small margin. I felt that this book had less of an up beat feel while Divergent was very up beat. The reason this book is not very up beat is because Tris (spoiler) is haunted by her killing one of her friends. Some parents might not want their children to read about Tris getting drugged by the Amity to make her giddy and "happy". Some other things might not be wanted by parents, but mostly the problem is the flashbacks of killing Tris's friend and the gloom hanging over Tris. I am so excited to read the next book and watch the Divergent movie!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byinfinite-hope February 8, 2013

Definitely a page-turner!

If you think Divergent was amazing, trust me, Insurgent is going to blow your mind. Insurgent is so beautifully written, so incredibly intense, so phenomenal! Veronica Roth has created yet another astounding book! She never ceases to impress! Contains sexual content, yet not much. This book will keep you pumping with adrenaline as the suspense builds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNomacop January 2, 2013

insurgent

Its really good and builds upon the themes and characters in the first, but i liked the 1st one more, and its kinda confusing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 6, 2012

Great, intense sequel

This sequel is really good. May not be on par with the first book, but still great. There are some interesting twists and unique plot. My main complaints are how long the book is (500+ pages), Tris and Four's constant bickering, and overall the lack in some character development. But the story was fantastic, thrilling, and the main thing that made me love this novel. Violence: More than the first book. Guns are used; some physical fighting (punches, kicks, etc.) takes place; some deaths of secondary characters. Sex: Some kissing, more intimate than in the first book. Language: Mild language, such as h*ll, b*stard, etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie <3 May 30, 2012

GREAT!!(sorry noyhing else to say!!)

GREAT!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylucyandcleo March 6, 2013

The BEST book I EVER read!!

YES YES! I love this book! It is better than Divergent! It has more action and romance. I finished this book for 3 days and I want the 3rd book NOW! Those who are finished reading Divergent, please read this! Those who haven't read Divergent, you have to read it!
Teen, 13 years old Written by5saltydog December 7, 2012

Futuristic action-romance

Amazing series defiantly worth reading!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMillyMolly July 8, 2012

Sosososo good!!!!!

Ughhh this is like a beautiful book! That is just amazing. The plot is amazing, and I was not dissapointed. I wanted to scream at so many parts out of frustration, and needed to stop reading at some parts to take it all in. I definatly reccomend this book. It's just too good. And it may seem like quite a thick book, but you breeze through it easily! :D
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2015

Romantic action-thriller

There is a lot of action, but where there's action, there's romance. Tris and Tobias are getting even closer than they were before and they continue to kiss passionately and fight bravely. Tris wants to figure out the secret to their city no matter what, even if it means reuniting with Tobias' worst enemy: his father. She and Tobias risk their lives numerous times for each other and Their lives become even more dangerous now that everyone knows that they're Divergent. Exams and tests await all the Divergent and some even get killed when they refuse. There's a lot of action, but the growing romance between Tobias and Tris never stops. Some characters drink alcohol, some who are still teens.This book has more action and romance than the first book, and readers won't be disappointed.