All member reviews for Into the Wild

Mesmerizing, tragic, and intense bio meant for discussion.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byjohnsander December 9, 2010

great

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon custom logo designs | custom website designs
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I hated this

This book was not okay for my age. It had a lot of bad language and I would not recomend it for anyone under sixteen.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byluiyiluiyi29 October 25, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byESmiley May 31, 2009

Sometimes, the message overpowers the intense subject matter

Personally, I think the rating 15+ is a little but of an overreaction, the book while at times is mature, really conveys a powerful journey. It shows the hardships and downfalls that occurred during this journey as well as the happiness and joy that he earned as well. I think this book shouldn't be judged as to whom may read it solely based on age. I think it depends completely on maturity.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 February 6, 2011

Not a kid's book!!!

I read this book and so did my son. It was great!!!! Drug content and Language with some violence. Little sexual content.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byhollandh October 31, 2014

the most annoying "protagonist" ever

Ok, so i read this years ago and loved it. Just reread it because i have to read it with my juniors (yay springboard...not!) Sooo different this time around. chris mccandless bugged me so much. Seriously, why the angst and white people problems? I am anxious to see how my students take it. I mean some of them are homeless so the idea of connecting with a kid who gave away his college money, abandoned his family and went to alaska in February is absurd. Happiness isnt that complicated. Totally inappropriate for readers who do not understand the quest for self realization.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byFrizzeite May 31, 2010

Wonderful book as well as a WONDERFUL movie

I really liked the book. Jon Krakauer is an excellent author who did lots of research to do this book. I liked the book and allowed for my daughter to read it as well. I felt that people who like the book should watch the movie and that even if you didn't read the book that you should watch the movie.