Overlong, partly successful fairy-tale mash-up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byActressofHapiness August 2, 2012

Into the Woods

I read this book when I was ten. I loved it. It is a mashup of fairytales. There are references to Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretal, and (most of all) The Pied Piper of Hamelin. It has many similarities to Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events. In one scene, the youngest sister (who is only a baby) bites the evil bad guy, Doctor DeWilde. I thought imediatly of the youngest sibling from A Series of Unfortunate Events. There are some scary parts (I couldn't get to sleep after reading the chapter about the ghost place) but kids ten and up should be able to enjoy this. There is one kiss, and lots of violence. Storm is a positive Role Model. She is determind to help her sisters. Overall, I would say this is a book for kids ten and up. Read it!
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

10 year old reports

I am a 10 year old kid and i read Into The Woods, i thought it was creative but it still had some ideas from the well known Brothers Grimm Fairy tales. It was sad but also really funny and adventurous! But when i put it onto genres i would probably be adding it to the suspense genre. I do think it should be an award winner though.