All member reviews for Jane Eyre

Teen, 14 years old Written byJenniMarie September 30, 2011

It Was a Sweet Story

I read this book for a school assignment, and I kind of enjoyed it. However, I chose the age 13 and up because some of the book is a bit boring. However, I would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to spend a long time interpreting the language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHunterJumper13 November 10, 2011

Fantastic

This book was fantastic, really brilliant. I cannot think of one thing wrong with it! Jane is likable and smart, and her thoughts mimic many of those that are on the minds of teenage girls- what if the guy likes someone else? This book is witty, interesting, entertaining, and once you fall into step with the language, easy to read. I love that neither Jane, nor Mr. Rochester are any beauties- it adds to the realism. It shows girls that looks aren't everything, it's strength of character. Jane is a strong female role model, and this book is a good read for any tween-teen girl.
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2011

Loved it.

I absolutely loved this book. I think i was 11 when i read it, so i'm going with that for an age range. It was kind of violent, as the description said above. The language could be difficult to read at times, because of the different time period. But I think it was a little more like today's dialoge than other classics. It was a masterpiece nonetheless.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysarahdapper8 October 29, 2014

this book is great

Jane Eyre is a story that everyone should read and will certainly enjoy. Jane Eyre is a novel that is not only a romance, but also coming-of-age story. It’s complex in that it combines so many elements of beauty, wealth, and social standing; but, it is simple in that the story is about the passionate love between two people, Jane and Mr. Rochester. It is the love story between the two characters that is the most memorable and most important part of the story. Charlotte Bronte has a feminist tone in writing the book. She makes Jane a character that is independent and doesn't let anyone define her but herself. Jane is put through years of mistreatment and degradation, yet she perseveres and wins the heart of her employer, Mr. Rochester. On the outside, the novel seems like a romance that is centered around the love of a girl and a boy. Jane Eyre is a romance, yes, but it is so much more. Charlotte Bronte outlines throughout the whole story that a person’s worth is based on their own inner feelings and characteristics, not their social rank. I recommend this novel to everyone because the story is inspiring, compelling, and extraordinary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 19, 2014

Janeeeee Eyre!!!!

Okay, so I was totally in love with this book the entire time I was reading it. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all time. Their's a certain gothic theme to it, as well as a romance that sets you on edge because it is so unexpected and formal. There's not much to be concerned about sex wise, since the novel was written in the 1800s and does not include graphic descriptions of kissing or anything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byindia June 30, 2014

need help

okay by reading some other views i see this book is interesting
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

A real timepiece! Loved it!

Superb! Read this when I was 10, but there are some complex relationships and twists and turns involved, so I think it's really about how mature your kid is. But it is a very interesting, well-written book and you learn a lot from it; such as what life was like back then and also a lot of ambitious vocabulary. It is a true classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBUCKBUCK October 21, 2013

Jane Eyre

This a really good book. It is on the list of books most often cited on the AP test so it is long(over 500 pages) and somewhat complex but a good unconventional(for the time) read.
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2012

not as good as the movie, but still great!

I read this book after seeing the movie. sometimes it can be somewhat slow-moving and other times exciting!you have to be patient with this book
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav March 9, 2012

Great book...kids may not understand until they are older though

Amazing story full of passion, romance, and mystery. I just recently read it and was immediately hooked. The content is not too bad, just some kissing and references to drinking. However, you have to be older to get the true messages of the book for they are very mature and complex.