Kid reviews for Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth: Junie B. Jones, Book 3

Impulsive Junie faces Career Day -- early readers.

Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2010

Bad Role Model

Junie is so annoying. She's not spelling things right, and her grammar is incorrect. Young kids will start do talk like that. How annoying!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni February 15, 2010

HORRIBLE!!!!

okay, so i read this series when i was 6. even then i thought junie b. was too rude, impulsive, and a bad, bad, VERY bad role model! if you respect yourself, don't let your kids read this. or yourself. kids will get a bad idea of how to act in front of grownups.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2010

Not a good series, bad role models.

Junie B Jones is NOT a positive role model for kindergarten-2nd grade kids. She always says things like "Stupid" and "Dumb bunny". My teacher read this to me in 1st grade and I was horrified! Why would the author make Junie B say stuff like that and she knows it is a kids book! My little sister in 2nd grade came up to me and said, "You're a dumb bunny!" And I'm like, "Woah! Where did you learn that?!" And she said with a shrug, "Junie B Jones says it." I don't like it at all. A better series for kids 6-8 years is Cam Jansen or The Magic Treehouse.

Teen, 14 years old Written byirise27 April 17, 2009

BAD BOOK

I just read the first few pages of the book and I felt as if I wanted to shoot myself. No kidding. I was shocked when I read that she called her friend dumb bunny and other words like heck and just the way she acts. I couldn't even read the rest of the book. In my opinion I think that kids will learn these behaviors and start acting like a rotten brat such as this Junie B. Jones. Terrible book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIm_always_right May 20, 2019

NOBODY CARES

Junie B Jones is a bad role model, sure. But what you have to think is reading a book won't change your life. If you don't want to have your kids reading incorrect grammar and having her being a bad role model because you incorrectly think it will change something, then fine! Good for you that you are SUCH A GoOd PaReNt. NOBODY CARES!!! If you don't want your kids reading the word stupid or saying it, then cool. It's a bad idea, but cool. Your kids are eventually going to say dumb or stupid and such. Shielding them from saying stupid does more harm than good. What is the point in shielding them from the word? Teach them when to use it so they don't overuse it, but don't keep them from using it so when they eventually rebel and say stupid they will use it in the wrong situations where is will actually be offensive. While Junie B. is a bad example, if your kids learn what she does and do it, then they will be punished by you and stop. They will eventually realize that what Junie B. does is bad and stop doing what she does entirely. With the grammar issue, while she also has terrible grammar, that is also the same grammar that the average 4 year old has so it doesn't really matter. Just teach them correct grammar so they know what to do. Point out how Junie B. Is doing stuff wrong, but don't just deny the reading entirely. This book has educational value to teach kids what not to do and just have comedy in general. Thanks.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMeowkitty October 30, 2018
Teen, 17 years old Written bymettajohnson May 3, 2017

Great books that help kids learn

A lot of parents are disgusted with the grammar in the book and her supposed bad behavior. I just wrote my Independent Junior Project on the Junie B. Jones series and I would really encourage people to read excerpts from my paper. I think every child should be able to read these books if they want to and these books can help improve your child's grammar skills and teach them wrong from right.
Link to paper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YN48KJ3IkkZAM5s_zL7RMXnNR5Us21eGoXHU...
Teen, 16 years old Written bySammy_S November 15, 2016

I Love Them!

As a kid I grew up reading Junie B. Jones books. They were the only thing I found interesting, and I read all of them very quickly before realizing I liked to read in 4th grade. While I do understand where some parents come from with the bad language and behavior, this didn't even phase me. I've had a 12th grade reading level since 5th grade, I never had any behavioral issues at school, and I rarely ever cuss. I don't believe that by reading these books, your child may start misbehaving. And even if they do, so what! They're kids!
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2013

LEARNING FROM OTHERS

In my opinion Junie B. Jones is a fine book. I've learned that rude behavior IS NOT what we should practice,especially in school.Education is important. I've learned to do the opposite and treat my classmates nice.. I gave this book 3 stars ,because it wasn't the best but I got a lot of laugh's out of this book .I recommend children 3 and up to read this book because they will also learn how not to behave at school and throughout life.

Kid, 8 years old August 12, 2012

Don't ruin the minds of little ones!

I read these books in 1st grade and they were okay so I gave my whole collection of them to my little sister going into the 1st grade. She could PROBABLY understand it, but there's words that our family shouldn't use, like stupid, dumb, words in that area. They're funny, but like Junie B. wanting a boyfriend? That's a little weird for kids her age and kids LIKE my sister should not be like Junie B, in some books, Junie B. is not a good role model. Plus you might tell me to shut up because I'm only 8, but for the record, I read The Hunger Games. So HA!
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2012

Junie B. Jones

This book is an easy read. It is a good book for kids at the age of 5 to about 7. Not any older or tour child will be stuck on these books forever! So I would limit the age and recommend another book the your childer after age 7. These books contain words such as stupid and from memory- i think in some books the word hate. So check the language before you buy it or rent it for your children. Agai- an easy read that has some knowledge to it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 24, 2012

eh

Although it's perfectly appropriate for all ages, there are no role models. I remember loving this book series as a kindergartner, but now I realize Junie was a brat. And, it certainly doesn't promote good grammar. Junie uses unreal words and stupid-sounding grammar all of the time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 20, 2011

BEST BOOK SERIES EVER FOR YOUNG CHILDREN!!!! :) :) :)

I read this book and many other Junie B. books from the ages of 5 all the way to age 9. They are fun delightful books that will encourage your childs reading because they are so funny and fun! But there are some parts in the book where Junie B. screams, throughs tantrumes, and sometimes gets a little physical with other people. Overall, not a big issue. Just make sure you tell younger readers (kids 6 and under) that Junie B's behavior is unexseptable and that even though it seems funny in the book, they musn't copy it.So besides that it's O.K for kids and they will enjoy reading. I recomend this book and all the other Junie B. books for kids ages 4-9.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysupercookiejar November 19, 2011

This girl is LOL fun

when i was 6 i read these shes so cute but watch out because shes a trouble maker
Teen, 16 years old Written byjunieb January 4, 2011

junie b dumb bunny

i read two of your books at school your so funny i wish i was your fan your the best can i get a real picture of you i love you as my best friend

Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2010
I liked reading this series when I was a younger kid. It is a silly type of book.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2010

great book

I think it is a great book to read it is super funnie!

Kid, 8 years old September 5, 2010

no title

i love all of the books too

Kid, 7 years old May 21, 2010

Book To Movie

I Hope They Make These JBJ (Junie B. Jones) Books Into A Movie Like All The Other Stuff!
Kid, 7 years old April 17, 2010