All member reviews for Junie B. Jones Series

Junie B. Jones brings good fun and laughs to early readers.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bynicolejh March 9, 2014

Reception of Junie B. Jones books

I agree in that these books can be entertaining for adults and children. However, after my daughter brought one home and she read it me, I was a little horrified. As college educated parents, regularly encouraging proper grammar, I found this book encouraging of poor grammar. Also, my child's school (as do we) discourages the use of words such as "stupid" and "dumb." My daughter actually stopped reading when those words came up and said she didn't want to say them. The particular Junie B. Jones book she brought home presented Junie spying and humiliating her teacher. There did not appear to be any consequence or repercussion of her actions. My daughter was instructed not to bring home any more Junie B. Jones books.
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2014

These books are hilarious!!!

These books are hilarious and VERY fun to read!!! They even get laughs out of adults!!! One day when I was six years old, my dad and I were reading these and laughing so hard, that tears were coming out of our eyes. Junie B. Jones is a fun and silly character. I just love these books!
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2014

One of the best book series ever made!

I used to have an obsession with Junie B. Jones when I was 5. Even though I'm 11 and a little old for these books, I still like them :)
Parent Written bywendyd2 October 18, 2015

Disappointed with Junie B.

My kids are big readers and I've been reading novels to them since they were very young. We always try to find books that have characters that treat each other respectfully and do not use name calling. I am really disappointment with the Junie B. books. The use of stupid, dumb and hate are used so often and it makes me cringe, not to mention her poor use of grammar. I know it is supposed to be humorous but I do not like it. My 6 year old daughter loves it though.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bySarahS 8 September 19, 2015

Poor grammar, disrespectful attitude

Someone gave me one of these for my daughter and I was not impressed. The child uses shockingly poor grammar and she is rude and disrespectful to the adults in the story. I'd much prefer my daughter read books with role models to emulate rather than pick up bad habits.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBUCKBUCK October 21, 2013

not good

These were like the only books I could not read when I was younger. My mom disliked the grammar(she's a teacher) and the language used.( little kids dont need the word stupid on the cover of a book)
Parent Written byNLNYC January 4, 2016
Grammar is appalling.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2015

Junie B Jones is a LOSER!

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR read this garbage!
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

Amazing, Cute, Great for all ages!

Loved it as a kid. I do say that she says dumb and stupid but in my opinion these are for comedic elements. I always knew that and her behavior did not ever effect mine. She is an amazing and funny book character for kids to read before they are "Too old".
Teen, 13 years old Written bySparklyRainbow November 12, 2013

Loved these as a kid!

I used to LOVE these books when I was in 1st grade! I'd laugh so much and this was my favorite series ever. I loved how over dramatic and stubborn Junie was. These really got me into reading. Best series ever. Though it might influence kids to become really mischievous like Junie (it did that for me), it's still great.
Educator and Parent of a 5 year old Written byashley.camp July 9, 2016

Engaging and Fun for Family Reading

I am a teacher and a parent to a 5 year old little girl. I have heard some parents complain about the language and rudeness that the main character, Junie B. Jones, displays in the book. I decided to try it for myself after my sister told me how much my nieces LOVED the books. I checked out an audio book for my daughter and I to listen to during a road trip. We giggled and laughed so hard!! My daughter is very bright and we discuss good choices vs. bad choices and she knew Junie B. Jones was not making good choices but also found humor in the story. My daughter also knows that Junie is a character and in real life, she would get in trouble for acting out. I think it depends on your child and what he/she can handle as to whether or not this book is right for him/her. My daughter loved the story so much, I ordered the complete series for us to enjoy together!! I am happy that she is loving to read and it is entertaining for both of us!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycdware3569 May 21, 2016

REVIEW !

I think that this book is kinda good but, it need to be upgraded some more .