All member reviews for Junie B. Jones Series

Junie B. Jones brings good fun and laughs to early readers.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybanned kids shows March 29, 2013

a controversial book 1 edit

I've seen these books-and they were horrifying-. one book called ''junie b jones and that meanie Jim's birthday'' was disturbing because her parents were screaming and yelling at her after she didn't want to go to Jim's birthday and was running in fear from her mother and when she ran to her room to hide, she tried to nail her door shut with (PLASTIC) nails. her mother came in and yelled at her and Junie's father joined too. they both yelled at her, verbally ABUSING her. i was horrified, and please ban this book. if you see it anywhere in public, please tell the owner that this book looks very controversial and should be pulled out quickly as possible! this book is not for kids!
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2014

One of the best book series ever made!

I used to have an obsession with Junie B. Jones when I was 5. Even though I'm 11 and a little old for these books, I still like them :)
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2014

These books are hilarious!!!

These books are hilarious and VERY fun to read!!! They even get laughs out of adults!!! One day when I was six years old, my dad and I were reading these and laughing so hard, that tears were coming out of our eyes. Junie B. Jones is a fun and silly character. I just love these books!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bynicolejh March 9, 2014

Reception of Junie B. Jones books

I agree in that these books can be entertaining for adults and children. However, after my daughter brought one home and she read it me, I was a little horrified. As college educated parents, regularly encouraging proper grammar, I found this book encouraging of poor grammar. Also, my child's school (as do we) discourages the use of words such as "stupid" and "dumb." My daughter actually stopped reading when those words came up and said she didn't want to say them. The particular Junie B. Jones book she brought home presented Junie spying and humiliating her teacher. There did not appear to be any consequence or repercussion of her actions. My daughter was instructed not to bring home any more Junie B. Jones books.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySparklyRainbow November 12, 2013

Loved these as a kid!

I used to LOVE these books when I was in 1st grade! I'd laugh so much and this was my favorite series ever. I loved how over dramatic and stubborn Junie was. These really got me into reading. Best series ever. Though it might influence kids to become really mischievous like Junie (it did that for me), it's still great.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBUCKBUCK October 21, 2013

not good

These were like the only books I could not read when I was younger. My mom disliked the grammar(she's a teacher) and the language used.( little kids dont need the word stupid on the cover of a book)