All member reviews for Keeper of the Lost Cities

Super-imaginative adventures of girl whisked to elf world.

Kid, 7 years old January 4, 2014

the best book ever

Sophie Foster is in the wrong place ~in the Forbidden Cities! Also known as our wold. One day she was at the museum on a field trip. She meets a boy who is just like her. His name is Fitz. He takes her to the world were he lives and were she belongs. Now she has to say good-bye to her family ~forever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf_Girl December 20, 2014

Loved it

I thought this book was the best. It was interesting and fast paced. It kept me interested through out the book. Sophie was a great character and I hope that there are more books with her and her friends. I liked how Sophie rose above the kids who bullied her and stood up for her self.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014

I loved it

I picked this book up because I've read every book that is ok for my age. Well I finished it in a day. I loved it. Sophie is a great character. I loved the idea of another world like ours.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhunhanforever July 25, 2016

I think it's good for me

Educator Written bydragon.elf July 6, 2016

Great Kids Fantasy Adventure

This was an amazing book! I'm sure my summary does not even begin to show how great it is...in fact it's probably a very bad summary...I can't really remember all the details...(but that just means I'll read it again. YAY!) Okay...so Shannon Messenger is an amazing author. This is her first book, and she did a great job. Sophie's story really drew me in and the settings and characters were really well written. When I found out that Sophie was an "elf," I wasn't sure how I would like the story...I'm used to elves like the ones in Eragon, and Lord of the Rings, and I don't really like the idea of the little Santa's helper kind in fiction. But it turns out that I was completely fine even thought they weren't really the LOTR kind. Also, the author used a lot of legendary/extinct animals and places in the elves' world. Normally, this would probably really bother me, too. But in this story, I was completely fine with it...in fact, it made the story more interesting. Shannon Messenger uses the Lost Cities (i.e. Atlantis, Shangri La, etc.) as the places where the elves live. Also, creatures like T-rexes and banshees are also in the elves' land. But for some reason, I was completely fine with this kind of stuff in this book. I guess that's just because Shannon Messenger is such an amazing writer!
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2016

Amazing story

The Keeper of the Lost Cities is a very unique and diverse book. It has some violence. It falls down to if you think your kid[s] are mature enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover_lol February 21, 2016

The best book EVER!

This book is really good there are 4 books after this, soon 5! :) it is one of the best fantacy fiction books ever read it yourself !!! :)