All teen and kid member reviews for Lawn Boy

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I say this book sucked its just boring
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2009

Stock

A boy is trying to earn some money and gets A LOT more then he bargained for. I think this book is good for kids 10+, especially boys. This book teaches about stock market, investing, and a small amount about (and it is a small amount) mowing lawns.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010

A good book for ages 9-12

This book is about a 12 year old boy who gets a his grandpa's old riding for his birthday. His neighbor needs a mowing job and "Lawn Boy" needs money for a new inner tube for his bike. So he agrees. Then he has a lot of job offers, people working for him, a hippie stockbroker, a heavyweight boxer, and a big problem for the company. But all he wanted was money for a new inner tube for his bike.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheformalreader July 29, 2010

Quick and Easy Read

This book was just okay. I found some parts of it to be boring, but it was mostly a good book. It's very easy and quick to read. However, it really annoyed me that the kid didn't have a name!
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2013

Very Smart and Informative

Your kids will learn a lot about how society and economics work from reading this book. There is wrestling, and some minor characters get held hostage by a greedy competitor. There is also a mention of "women in not a lot of clothes", but other than that your children will love this entertaining, and informative read.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2012

to childish

its kinda kiddy cuz he mows lawns, gets money, has a problem, then he fixes it.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2011

a good book

its a gr8 book i loved it :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bylikeasommmbodeeeeeee September 29, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bynewone112 April 12, 2010

perfect for 9 and up

people in my class liked the book and said for me to read it and i did and i lied it really much
Teen, 14 years old Written bynardle November 19, 2014

Surprised!

i read this book when I was in fourth grade I didn't think this would be interesting or great I thought it would just be....average. Well this book isn't average it's great its very descriptive and well written!
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

awesome book !!!

I read lawn boy and it is a good at least for me it was . Lawn boy has a good start and gets better though out the book. This book takes place in a small neighborhood with a family that is poor. After lawn boy gets a tractor that was his grandpa's. He makes money by cutting grass for neighbours. I think this book is good for 10+
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

Lawn Boy is a good book.

Lawn Boy is a book by Gary Paulson. It is a good book because the storyline is descriptive allowing the reader to visualize what is going on in the story. It takes place in a small neighborhood. The book is about a boy who gets a lawn mower and gets rich. Lawn boy is a 12-year-old boy who wants a new part for his bike. He gets a lawn mower for his birthday and mows some lawns to get money. Age (8-60)
Teen, 13 years old Written byHunter Roberts December 7, 2011

Lawn Boy

Teen, 13 years old Written bymichael m.7 November 30, 2011

great book

great book even though i read it in a day. great for kids to understand the stock market. i am actully useing this book in a book talk for school. i loved it! I=D
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2011

lawn boy

I think it is very good it sends a positive message and is a good start for readers.
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2011

perfect for kids and tweens.

It teaches about real world economy. Funny and interresting.love it! Mentions family and gives kids an idea of one thing they could do in the summer to get a little extra bucks.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMisty waterfall January 4, 2011

A little to much like a kid book for me

Fine i guss. I had a few laughs here and there.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written byAwesomeperson7 December 30, 2010

Great book! Some things about stocks and shares might be a little to much for younger kids to understand though..
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2009

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!!!!!

If you are thinking of buying this book don't bother your wasting your time and if you bought it your wasting your money!!!!