All member reviews for Lola and the Boy Next Door

Teen, 17 years old Written bysarahmustwrite August 10, 2012

Sweetest Romance Ever

This book was amazing. I confess, I waited a long time to read it. I like my books VERY clean. But this book was fabulous. I loved Lola. I loved that she made mistakes and learned from them. I loved Cricket more, however. He was so sweet and so quirky and so overwhelmingly good. I want one. This book is definitely worth reading, but only if you're sure the content is appropriate for you. This goes straight to my 'To Buy' list.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover June 9, 2012

Great book, best for pre-teens and teens :D

Great book. Lola is a positive role model. When a relationship needs to be broken, she knows when to break it. She's also really creative and inspirational for girls with artistic and creative sides. Her boyfriend, Max, is in a hard rock band, smokes and I think drinks at one point. When Lola breaks up with him, he yells insults at her. Cricket, Lola's neighbor, loves her, and she eventually realizes that she loves him. Lola has gay fathers, and her mom had her at a very young age, so she gave her to her brother, Lola's uncle/dad, and is very troubled throughout most of the book. Cricket and Lola end up sleeping together, but not because they've been making out or had sex, it's an appropriate reason. There's kissing, humor, and many other things that happen in this book. A great romance novel for pre-teens and teens to enjoy. It's the sequel to Anna and the French Kiss.