All member reviews for Magic Tree House Series

Fun, educational chapter books have something for everyone.

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2013

they are my favorite series

Itis a really good series.It was so good that I told my brother to read that series when he is in first grade. It is my favorite series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiantojonescoffeeclub January 4, 2013

READ IT

When read this book at age 5 it was my frist chapter book I read on my own. This book is the one that was so good for my little mind its what got me hooked on reading. This book helps the young discover the world a single book can take you. All kids should read it.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 31, 2012

GREAT for kids!

Teaches kids about many subjects in a fun way! 2% violent, 5% scary but NO ONE ever gets hurt. Still great for kids!
Parent Written bygeroldb May 2, 2015

Just plane awful

Both me and my grandson where bored out of our wits while reading this series. The biggest problem with the series (apart from the feeling it was written BY a six year old and not FOR six years old) is the story. It’s shallow to say the least, the characters are dull and the dialogs are flat. It’s like a screenplay for those cash grab LEGO cartoons created with a sole purpose to sell toys. Avoid these books especially if you have a smart child.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCozyCookie February 7, 2015

Any Age

I have read most of the books of this series as a kid and would say any age is appropriate. The only thing you would have to think about is if your child would listen to you reading it or if you were reading it to yourself. Very educational. Great book to read that would really help you child know more about the world in the past, future, and present in a kid-friendly way!
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byMMEMama June 10, 2013

Fun Learning

My three girls and I have been reading this series since they were three years old. I can still remember picking up book one, Dinosaurs at Daybreak, telling the girls we would read one chapter and being so enthralled we had to read one more and when getting to the end of the next chapter they would say, "we can't stop there, we have to know what happens." Forty-five minutes later we had read the whole book and were completely hooked! They are now eight years old and we are on book 39 and read every morning before school to get there heads read to learn. The books are fun, informative, creative, imaginative and engaging. We have been to few places that we first read about in the research guides, like the Tar Pits in L.A. It helps bring the story to life and impresses upon their minds the facts that they have read about.