All member reviews for Matched

Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2011

B-O-R-I-N-G

I was very disappointed in this book! I went out and bought it for the hard cover price because everyone hyped it up and stuff. I thought it would be fast paced and engrossing! NO. It's so slow paced, I stopped reading it for a while and then I didn't even finish it!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byATanck April 20, 2011

So sweet. Could NOT put this down. One of my favorite books of the moment. Too bad the second one comes out in November. I wanna know what happens between Ky and Cassie
Teen, 16 years old Written byraphael's_girl July 13, 2011

Matched

"Matched" is a fantastic sci-fi novel along the lines of "The Giver". The plot is exciting and well crafted, as are the likeable characters. Romance is a central part of the plot, but it's never overdone, giving time also to the inner workings of The Society and their dark secrets. The book also includes great messages about love and fighting for what you believe in, and the main character's family rallies together and supports one another numerous times. Cassia is an excellent role model who questions The Society's unfair laws and tries to help those she loves, even when it's hard for her. "Matched" is also a clean book, a welcome surprise in an age where most books for teens include profanity and sex. I highly reccomend "Matched": you won't be disappointed!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykris9star June 3, 2011

Creative but easy to stop reading

Very creative, a little over exaggerated with the age rating on here. There was nothing sexual other than a kiss here and there, no language, hardly any violence. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good book to read. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byMz.DeDe April 25, 2011

anyone can read it

i really dont care for the book personally but it could be good for a young teen. it takes a long time to get into it but eventually yu will some what get the message
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 22, 2011

5 stars!

Read it in less than 24 hours!!! Great story with themes that will grab readers. The idea of a society where everything is carefully controlled is both chilling and intriguing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNaya B. February 4, 2011

Just plain.......ok (and I love boooks!)

This book.....I bought the hard-cover, I figured it sounded amazing (I love the whole future distopia thing) and this book turned out to be decent. It wasn't inapropriate, but be aware it was very slow paced. Not much action and kind of...eh..on the boring side if you cant keep up with the whole romance thing. I liked the setting and the creations of the world more than the characters. The writing is good, nice description, but the main girl, Cassia, bugged me sometimes. She over thought stuff and occasionally was a little dramatic over the whole "which one should I choose?" Almost the whole time she wasn't really sure what she thought, but in the end she figured everything out a little too late. Plus, the end of the book is sucky if Ali Condie doesnt hurry up and write a sequel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byUna14 January 19, 2015

One of the worst books I've read

A complete waste of time and was very very very boring! Don't recommend this for anyone.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2011

A slow but a must read book!

A slow, but great book. Couldn't stop reading! Teaches a lot about love and how its not all about crushes and flirting; There are a lot different sides and challenges to it. And readers can see that through a good life-like character/role model who goes through so much then a normal person would. Can't wait to see what happens next- great work of Ally's.
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2011

Incredible. The epitome of any novel

Phenomenal book. Absolutely incredible. This book is about a Society that controls everything, from what you eat to who you will marry. Cassia is a very positive role model because she follows the rules, is respectful, and obeys her parents however she does believe that there are some flaws in the Society and she wants freedom. Ally Condie struck gold when she wrote this book. This book helped me to realize what things we take for granted! Even the little things like wearing colored clothing and working where we want, it just shows how it's the little things that make our life better but the little things are what we dismiss most often and unconventional and unimportant. Read the book. You won't be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCloudwatcher1727 May 12, 2011

Best book ever!

Love it
Teen, 16 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina April 4, 2011

Great book couldn't put it down but younger kids will find it boring.

I loved this book it was great I could not put it down serisouly I was reading whereever even in bio class (I know I shouldn't read in class but I did). It was thrilling a true page turner you never knew what would happen next. I truly loved it. Anyone should read it only problem is that I know younger kids will find it boring so more mature kids should read it 13 and up I say.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAllCanadian November 4, 2014

One of my favourites

A very stunningly unique book, Cassia breaks unjust laws to do what's right. The most sad part of the book is when Cassia's grandfather dies. The only sexual stuff is a few kisses.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythebookfreak June 4, 2011

Matched- don't miss it

I loved this book- amazing! It's a bit hard to get into, but once you're past the beginning... it's hard to stop. But I warn you: it's a trilogy... you can read it now and suffer until the next book comes out.. or wait and read them all
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivlab14 March 29, 2011

LOVED IT!

I absolutely loved this book, it was great. It was sort of violent but I didn't mark it as to violent because it depends on the child reading it. This series is my favorite!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... March 10, 2011

Good book, am patiently waiting for the sequel

This was an over all good book. It was a little like the giver, which was not in my faves, but still good. Cassia learns that it's okay to ask questions and wonder instead of just nodding her head and go along wiht whatever's being said, and that, sometimes, people are wrong. I also like the love triangle between Ky, Cassia and Xander.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoodbooks1 February 25, 2015

If you liked the giver you will like this

I think this book , matched is a good book that makes you think about choices. I love that the writer makes the parent notice the changes in here. Like the giver it as that same concept of things .This book is great I would highly suggest it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTessah_5 February 23, 2015

OK

It's an ok book. If you don't like romance then dont tread it
Teen, 16 years old Written bybookreport October 10, 2014

Great Book

This book was great! I was really pleased at how well this book caught my attention. Granted, it was slow at the beginning but things began to pick up shortly after the book began. Matched is a great of example of a utopian society book and is definitely a book everyone should read. Also, It is full of romance and decision making which are all things teenagers can relate too. Children younger than teens should not read this book because there is a lot of information for them to follow and they might not be able to keep up. In short, Ally Condie did an amazing job writing this book and I can not wait to read the second novel.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

Amazing page-turner

this book keep me going and i read it in a weekend! all though some parts aren't that great over all its a very good book.