All member reviews for Maximum Ride, Book 1: The Angel Experiment

OK series launch about flock of mutants. Tweens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byEliasador February 18, 2011

Worse than Twilight

I cannot believe that anybody would actually think this is a good book. It is an easy read (poorly written). It is a shallow book with no profound or original messages. The plot is all violence, and the violence is repetitive and gets the plot nowhere, so the book is a bore once you get past the blood and grime. The characters have little personality and are unoriginal. The romance is a joke. The plot does not fit together well. The whole storyline is lame. I mean, they are being chased by a band of genetically modified werewolves that shoot laser beams out of their eyes! The role models are horrible and reckless. If you want to read a book with a masterful plot and unforgettable characters, read Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, or the Underland Chronicles. Maximum Ride is not the way to go.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTrinly April 5, 2011

Maximum Ride, a fitting title for an epic series

This will forever be my favorite book series. When I first bought the books, I read them in one day each. The first three, however, were by far the best.
Adult Written byGoldenLion February 3, 2011

This book is so cool!

This book is like the best book ever!!! Me and my friends love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byvampireknight023 January 25, 2011

an awsome thrilling book that you would want to read over and over again

This book is amazing,the best book i ever read and i won't mind reading all 6 books that are out. i would recomened this book for people who love fiction, comide, drama, and action
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 18, 2011

An action packed book with lots of kick butt mutants!

Mediocre? OK, first common sense dosent have my favorite book series on it and now it calls this a dull, mediocre book? are you kidding me?! For thoses of you who havent read it, it is a page turning heart pumping adventure story about a flock of 6 mutant kids. But not your normal mutants. These kids have wings and can fly. Only bad thing about it is that they are orphans, were raised in cages, and now have huge wolf mutant freaks after them. Read this book if it kills you!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeirOFSlytherin July 7, 2010

Perfect for teenagers,not for younger kids.

I thought Maximum Ride Book:1 was an excellent,thought-provoking, at times histrionic book! It was at times brutally violent but im sure the intended audience should not mind. I must say the book *-is not perfect-*.
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2010

AWESOME!!!

I love this series! There is a lot of violence, but this book is very exciting and funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycass402 April 26, 2009

Amazing

An amazing book. I love it. There is a lot of violence and some bad language such as "Hell" and "crap" and things like that. Max, the main character says she curses a lot. Not the best message with the violence and stuff, but it is a good message at the same time. The kids are independent and it talks about the true meaning of family.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAsh101 January 31, 2010

the best book ever by james.P

I think maxium ride is the best book ever!!!My friend got me into it and i love it..its funney and interesting and it explainls how everything 1st started.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaxCrazie671 April 11, 2010

LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS BOOK. DON'T listen to what the people on this website say, except me- of course! This is the best series I have ever read!!!!! This is a fiction book, does it matter if they stole a car? Most kids don't even know how to steal a car, and remember, they are doing this for survival. Do you want to say you died because you didn't steal a car? Oh wait, you couldn't, because you would be DEAD!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatherineDianeHord July 14, 2011

Please PLEASE Read This Comment. May Change Your Mind!

I am 13, my friend is 12, my brother is 11, and my other friend is 11. I got them all Hooked on this series. I finished the whole series in less then 3 weeks. This book was amazing and i could not set it down. This book is the best book i have ever read and please, give it a chance. Finish the first book and I know you will be begging for more. Once again LOVED it and hope you will too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byoh what cares May 2, 2010

A Maximum Ride Review

I liked the first book it was great i didn't want to put it down be warned though as the series goes on it slowly gets worse and worse until some of the characters don't even act like them selves any more and some even leaves with new coming in its clear that either Robert Patterson isn't sure what to write any more or that he just isn't taking his time hoping to get more cash --- over all it isn't so bad ---
Parent of a 11, 13, 14, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written byConservative Ch... February 12, 2011

Our Family Loves It!

This is perfect for our household, because it is not as deamonized as things such as Twilight and Harrry Potter, which I will NOT allow in my house. Maximum Ride offers a clean, family friendly series that my children and I enjoy. There is no cursing, no sex, or other unholy behaviors performed by the protagonists that is not nessacary to survival. The main girl, Max, takes on at the mere age of 14 responsibility for her entire "flock", or family, while she herself is just a child. Her courage is admirable and willingness to search after he captured sister suggests a nice, wholesome young women well on her way to overcoming the obstacles ahead. While I do not agree with the violence, it is not half as bad as those awful Harry Potters, which encourages demonic practices, or Twilight, in which demons run around unchecked among us. As a conservative christian mother of 6, I highly recomend this series to other women looking for their children to read clean, friendly material suitable for pre teens and older.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2010

Awesome Book!!!!!! :-)

I really liked this book, it was very imaginative, very actiony, and very Suspenseful. Awesome Book!!! :-)
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2010

maximum ride awsomeness

awsome!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2010

The awesomest, funny, action-packed story Maximum Ride had me up till eleven o' clock at night reading. A truly gripping story... enjoyable and full of action and wild escapes!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy July 12, 2011

GREAT!!!!

I can not believe that CSM says this is a bad book, it's GREAT!!!! It's one of the best book serieses I've read!!!! Please give it a try, it is very good and yo won't regret it one bit!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykoobbook01 March 9, 2011

look out twilight! heres MAX!! teens will love it!

i really am enjoying this series! i wonder why people dont like it but then again everyone has their own oppinion but i thot this book was amazing! i coud really relate to the leader max i found that we have similar things in common. deffinatly a good book if ur inot sci-fi and scary things i deffinatly would recomend this book! its a huge page turner. WAY better then twilight! this beats twilight into the ground :) i cant wait to continue reading this series! i hope this helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni April 16, 2010

I really love this book! i, like others, agree that there IS a lack of plot. on the other hand, most wont notice this because of the non-stop action. the characters care for eachother, looking out for one another no matter what. there is a bit of violence, but not too bad. a really great book, i would reccommend it to anyone eleven and up.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2010

Great book. One of my favorites

I think this is an awesome series the humor is great and the plot is exciting there is violence, but it's not bad or anything