All member reviews for Meanwhile

Quirky, inventive, and absorbing choose-your-own adventure.

Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2011

A good story for unsure readers!

I wasn't a super big fan of the book, but my eight-year-old sister loved it. To read the story you follow these lines around, according to what you choose. The story is very good overall, but there are many, many, endings, and most of them end with at least one person getting killed. Kids will learn about the positive and negative impacts of their choices as they choose what Jimmy will do next. I think this is a good choice for kids who aren't super sure they like reading, as this is a fun and educational intro to reading for fun. Boys will likely enjoy this more than girls, there being next to no girl characters AT ALL, and with all the destructive weaponry.
Kid, 7 years old June 16, 2012

It's just good

You can choose which way you want to go. There are lines to follow. If you don't like your choice, just go back and try again.
Kid, 8 years old February 2, 2011

i love it so much for my child
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2010
Kid, 8 years old April 24, 2012

Really good

The book is good, but it's hard to find the happy ending. I was also confused about the vanilla choice and if it's happy or sad. The book had some violence, like everyone in the world dying or weapons, but other than that, the book is really good.
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2011

Don't Bother

This book was frustrating and confusing for me.
Kid, 8 years old July 20, 2011

stressful

I think that you should solve/find out the answer before giving your child the book because there is a 1/3,856 chance they will get the best way. I had to actually look through the book because I gave up because I couldn't find the answer and no answer was written.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

boon's rating

it was an appropriate book, and i liked it. the only reason why i gave this 13 and up was because you have to follow little tubes around the book. i am eleven years old and this book confused me. also there is an ice cream man who has an axe, and a machine called a killitron. in some parts of the book people die from the killitron. mostly appropriate, except for the confusing tubes.