All member reviews for Misty of Chincoteague

A must for every horse-lover's library.

Parent of an infant, 5, 8, and 10 year old Written byKathyJ September 22, 2009

My Favorite Book

I love it!! My favorite book as a kid and my daughter is now reading it and enjoys it too.
Kid, 7 years old July 20, 2012

Great book!

It's the best book ever. You should read it!!!.It really sounds real, the horses are cute, you can go see the wild ponies and it teaches kids to respect wild things.
Adult Written byMindypin April 9, 2008

Childhood favorite

This was one of my favorite books as a child. I was one of those horse-crazy girls but recommend this for all kids. It's an uplifting story, and the writing is well done.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDunkinDonut666 July 21, 2013

Great Book about a Chincoteague Pony

This is a beautiful story about 2 kids who attempt to own a wild pony on Chincoteague. Paul and Maureen Beebe are staying with their grandparents at their ranch on Chincoteague Island while their parents are in China. The story begins with a ship full of wild horses including the Phantom and her colt Misty. The ship crashes on Chincoteague Island and ever since the wild pony's have been at Chincoteague. This is a wonderful story about children's friendship with a wild pony.
Educator and Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written byChristy4 August 22, 2012

Well-written prose, great characters, pony mystique

I read this out-loud to my seven year old. She loved it and found the story engrossing and the characters relatable. She wants to read more Marguerite Henri books now. I liked the portrayal of the positive sibling relationship between the brother and sister and how industriously they worked toward their goal of buying the horse. They also handled disappointment with a lot of grace. Their are some good discussion points as to when "interfering" with nature is a good thing and when wild things should be left to the wild.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 May 9, 2009
Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2009

Perfect for all horse lovers

Great!!! I loved this story! I think this is a good book for 7 year olds to have read to them as it is not scary. It might be hard reading for some 7 year olds; but they will really enjoy it. It has very good pictures that go along with the story. For those who have younger siblings they might suggest ' My Chincoteague Pony' by Susan Jeffers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHales April 9, 2008

Amazing book!

This book is great for everyone, whether they like horses or not. I highly recommend it. You'll love it! (you know you want to!)