All member reviews for Monstrumologist

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2013

A Classic (Although won the goriest book of the year award)

VIOLENCE: 10/10. Intense violence and strong gore. Monsters rip off human heads, scoop out their brains, and eat their insides. Broken and bloody limbs are displayed, and bloody walls are shown in a house. And the carnage doesn't stop there. A boat is under siege by monsters, where humans are gutted, torn apart, and skewered. A man describes how children are tossed to monsters in a pit, only to be gored and ripped open. A man's legs are ripped off, and a man is turned inside out. Monsters are stabbed, blown apart, and humans are attacked with bloody results. Autopsy is performed on a monster. A dead and scarred body of a girl is found at a cemetery. A mother's head is torn off, and her shoulders are dislocated. Guns are fired at monsters, sometimes striking them. Suspenseful/frightening moments throughout. Very gruesome, but a 9th grader should handle it. Not for kids. Very good story! 5 out of 5 stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie December 25, 2010

Horribly gory, but excellent!

"The Monstrumologist," while being without a doubt one of the goriest books I've ever read, is amazingly well-written and has strong characters. Will Henry is a child balancing between the metal state of a scared little boy who wants to be loyal to his fathers memory and stay with Dr. Warthrop (who he secretly is scared of and has thought of running away more than once), and an adult who is trying to help the community and putting his life on the line in the process. There is plot twist after gory plot twist, with the author certainly not skimping out on the bloody details! An amazing book that stays with your thoughts for days to come!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFinnick_is_smexy May 1, 2012

The Monstrumologis is EPIC!!!!!!

This is a good book that was fun to red. Though it had some pritty scary and sick parts it was all in all a good book. I am 13 right now andI read this book at the age of 12 I realy liked this book. I am trying to write a book that is almost as good as this one. I know there will never be a book better than The Monstrumologist.