All member reviews for Mr. Popper's Penguins

1939 Newbery Honor book is both tender and funny.

Kid, 9 years old May 28, 2011

Great

Teen, 16 years old Written byross.allen October 25, 2009

Lovely!

Lovely tale!
Adult Written bytreemouse April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011
I had to read this book in 4th grade and hated it (no offense other people) I kno it is supposed to be a heart-warming book which it is just not my type I perfer mysteries.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfrankstar October 5, 2011

poppers penguin

i think this is a great book for children and most adults who like comedy
Teen, 13 years old Written bylexyblue15 October 27, 2011

the greatest

.Mr. Popper’s Penguins is a great book for all ages. It has some very funny parts and if you like penguins you should not have to miss out on this fantastic book. The book also has some exciting parts. Everyone deserves to read about Mr. Popper’s Penguins: Captain Cook, Greta, Nelson, Columbus, Louisa, Jenny, Scott, Magellan, Adelina, Isabella, Ferdinand, and Victoria. I enjoyed this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008

love it

I love this book i think it was a very kid-friendly book and i think that lots of people should read this book he likes his 1 penguin so much that he gets so much more and then the penguins get famous well i wont tell you anymore read it
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2011

read it

Great book. I know it say 2+ but its so good I would read it to my 2 year old someday.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2009

Fun story!!

This story is something great to read as a bedtime story with just enough excitement!
Adult Written bycmedelman April 9, 2008

A Great Read-Aloud

I read this book to my 2nd graders as our read-aloud over about a three week period, and they loved it! We read it as part of a unit on penguins and they learned so much and got so into it. They couldn't wait to read the next part every day! The story started a little slow but picks up quickly. Some of the vocabulary is a little high for 2nd grade and may require some explaining. Highly recommended!!