All member reviews for Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

A compelling mix of fantasy and science fiction.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byteemoo August 19, 2009

Read first, then see the movie!

"I really liked Mrs. Frisby. She teamed up with the Rats of Nimh to save her family. Her adventure was exciting, even when she met frightening characters like the Owl. If you like animals and adventure stories, you will like this book A LOT!"
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 August 23, 2010

THIS BOOK IS BORING.....OOPS I JUST STARTED SNORING!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrummerboy94 April 9, 2008

A good book

I think it is a good book and has a great moral storyline. If you like books about talking animals read this book. Their are a few hard words so i wouldn't recommend it to little kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2010
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2009

Boring!

This book is far too boring! I couldnt finish it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus September 8, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2012

Not for 7-9, 11-13 works best!

I don't think a 7-9 year old is capable of reading this book, Im 11 and i struggled a bit, but in the end i loved it. The ending is so mysterious, leaving with a final question unanswered. It swaps you back in time for a pretty good portion of the book, a rat telling his stories that lead him to be what he is now. several questions get answered, what IS Nimh? How did these rats become so civilized? and why did Jonathan die?
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2011

luv book

i luv book its interesting
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

excellent

This was a very good book I couldn't put it down I would really recomend this book.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

REALLY BORING BOOK

Its just too boring i read it for my school read aloud and ii didn't liked it. it was really really boring. and too easy kids 5-9 should read it but still they might not like it cause nothing interesting at all happens. so don't read this book is not good at all don't read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 20, 2011

It sucks you in

I had to study this book for school. The language may be a bit complex for younger children but I couldn't find much violence at all! I'd recommend this book for older audiences.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdgirl96 January 16, 2011

so, so amazing

This used to be my favorite books-the only reason it isn't anymore is that it's a little younger than my age group now. I love Mrs. Frisby and the rats. I think the most interesting part is Nicodemus' story, but the rest is good too. Don't watch the movie (Secrets of NIMH, or something like that)-it's very different, and pretty stupid. I was excited to learn that there really is a NIMH, especially because I think psychology is fascinating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKitt_Kat August 23, 2010

Cute book, slightly long for an eight year old.

This book is very good for younger children. Mild violence and the end of the book. It may be to long for an 8 year old though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDanny B June 14, 2010

Great Example for Kids

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010

BAD!

i just finished reading this book a couple of days ago and i must say it was one of the most boring books i have ever read!!!! At first i thought it was going to be an ok type book but it was the exact opposite! HORRIBLE, CHILDISH, AND BORING are three big words that describe this book.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2009

This book was amazing. I loved how Mrs. frisby got her courage to go up to the owl, who told her to go to the rats, which helped save Timothy. She did that just for her son! I really want to know what happened to justin and figure out if Justin died. 10 out of 10 book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Good book

good book
Adult Written bysarah_from_yale April 9, 2008

Exciting

This novel is both exciting and realistic, while imparting positive moral values - the power of friendship, helping others, and improving one's life by hard work, not through stealing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuper Teacher April 9, 2008

A really good book

I read this book after reading The Giver. I think it talks about utopias. The rats try to create a perfect environment where they do not have to steal. I like this book because the characters were interesting and it made me think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiambriana April 9, 2008

If you don't like to be kept guessing and wondering, skip this book!

This book is a pretty good book but some questions you'll think about are never answered...some pretty big ones too. It never even tells you in one section o the book about which of the mice died! That is a BIG issue and I would walk away from this book at your library and go pick out something else adventurous if you don't like to be kept guessing...