Kid reviews for Murder Is Bad Manners

Murder Is Bad Manners Poster Image

Wow, wow, wow, wow!

Parent reviewers who give this book a low rating are mostly just homophobic. I wanted to read this book since approximately the dawn of time and it did not disappoint at all! I really, really, really, really want to read all the sequels!

This is one of my favorite series of books ever!

This is a witty, engaging, and fun first book to a great series. The characters are vivid, the plots complex and filled with clever red herrings, and with two main girl characters, there's a good dose of girl power too! Hazel (the narrator) is from Hong Kong, and she is exposed to taunts from her peers, but she earns the respect of the people who matter and is extremely brave and clever. The murder scenes are never overly graphic. Hazel mentions her father's concubine, two unmarried women sharing a house (a romantic relationship is implied), and there are a couple mentions of "canoodling", but besides that, the book is fairly free of inappropriate content. Overall, I love the books, and I recommend this to any young mystery fan!

Thrilling murder mystery

I really love this book, and all of the ones in the series. My dad bought the first one for me when I was 10, though, I might suggest being a bit older. It fantastically gripping, and the characters are unique. There is some inappropriate talk such as the teachers 'canoodling' and the books, as the girls grow up, do get slightly more for older kids. But, that aside, this is an amazingly fun book for tweens (especially mystery lovers like me). Ohhh, and one more thing, they swear a little but nothing much only stuff like 'bloody'

Great book!

I thought this book was wonderful, it has some topics that some people might find not for younger readers. As well as obviously murder(s). But it teaches a powerful message and perspective as well as good role models. So overall a great book.

Best tweens book series

This is a great book series. I would look out though, there are detailed descriptions of dead bodys. Other then that a great book.

Some parents are making a big deal

If your kid is mature, they can read the first 5 books, then I suggest reading the next few yourself, as they do tweak to the more to the mature side as the series goes on because the girls get older

I really liked this book

I loved this book! I liked all the main characters, the plot, and the ending. This book is about Daisy and Hazel who try to find the murderer of Miss. Bell. I think you should be ten and up because it dose explain the murder in detail and may scare or creep out younger kids. If you liked it you should read the whole series. The next book is poison is not polite.

Very recommended

I am 13 and I read this book for english class, and I loved it. Very exiting and fun. The only reason I would say 10 up is because they are investigating a murder and I wouldn't say s=urder books are great for young kids. As me being 13 this was a very easy and quick read. Extreamily well liked and I went on to read others in the series!

really good mystery series

I think this book is the first of an amazing murder series.