All teen and kid member reviews for Never Fall Down

Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2014

My copy of this book is covered in my tears I shed every time I read it

This book is downright amazing and hands-down the best book in decades. It is so emotional that I cried while reading it. And I have never cried while reading a book. And I've watched movies like Ip Man and The Last Samurai, and this book literally makes them look like a joke. There is a huge educational value but it is not for kids because there are a few brutal acts of violence as well as battle sequences (dismemberment from land mines) and beatings, most of which are in cruel ways. Another sad but cruel part that counts as violence is when Arn is physically forced to pee on dead bodies. There are also references to rape.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBetty L. February 9, 2013

A riveting, heartfelt story all young teens must read

NEVER FALL DOWN is a very well written, yet shocking and violent story of a young boy during when the Khmer Rouge have taken over Cambodia. Arn is separated from his family and there are lots of moments in the story where you will gasp with the horror of the mass killings. Still, Arn is a very strong character and never gives up. He is realistically brought to life by the author and you will find yourself rooting for him throughout the entire book. The book is also valuable in that it teaches you about the terrible time in history in which the story is set. For all young teens this is a must read.