All member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 14, 2010

And the lion left lamb...and the lamb went insane

And when you thought it couldn't get any worse, out comes New Moon! In New Moon, Edward leaves Bella, stating that he's "too dangerous" for her. Bella is depressed. We even get four blank pages (representing months) after Edward leaves. When does she start cheering up? When she finds another guy. Even so, she still misses Edward. She starts to have hallucinations when she does dangerous stunts. Recklessness occurs, including jumping off cliffs.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

luv it!!!!!!!!! read it when i waz 9. reread it about 500 times since then!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2009

DO NOT MISS THIS BOOK NO MATTER HOW BORING YOUR FRIENDS SAY IT IS!

I love the twilight saga! Everyone at my school who has read it says it is boring, but it really isen't. I think the part where Edward goes away is pretty boring but thats just because Bella is so depressed and can't think staight. I love it when he comes back and tells her the truth (That chapter was appopetly named truth.) because its the story within the story. My advice, do not miss this book because if you do you will be compleatly confused when you read Eclipse.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

a nice review.

this is good for avid readers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight October 29, 2010

A very long rantish/opinion on what I think of this (Spoilers)

Excellently written, although, not my favorite. Before I go on I'm clearing out that I'm not saying Stephine Myer is a bad writer, she has an interesting imagination. Anyway, it's kind of out of the blue when Edward leaves, Bella gets all crazy about it, decides the only way to see him is by doing stupid recklace, suicudal things! Um, that stuff isn't romance, thats a teenager not realizing LIFE GOES ON. So, she strings along poor little Jacub, he confesses his feelings to her, and she hesitates. She loves him but she doesn't. (By hatred for Bella has risen to its emth digree) She's practiculy using the boy, and then, he saves her by turning into a werewolf and killing the vampire. For one, aren't werewolves suppose to be hairy? He could have kept the long hair! Why is he always shirtless? He likes her for 'her' (even though I have NO idea why) yet she can't exept that, she has to be so whiny and picky, but then again thats her taste. At least Jacub and Bella had some fun when they were with eachother, but with Edward its all depressing 'forbidden' love "I don't want to hurt you Bella" over-and-over again. Anyway, it's smartly written, just a stupid plot (written in a smart way?) Moving on, (I forgot how this happened) but Edward somehow thought she killed herself (Probably from one of her stupid stunts) and he's gonna go to the Volteri, step into the light and turn sparkly, hence forth revealing himself as a vampire (to tell the truth, maybe the Italians would think he's just a weird dude with glitter all over himself, consittering many didn't know 'vampires sparkle') so, it will anger the Volteri (or Voltori) and they will kill him. How romantic.. suicide. NOT. Guys suicide isn't romantic, its sad! It's teaching life doesn't go on, YOU GET OVER IT see a councler, just DON'T kill yourself! So, Bella, worried, goes with Alice (My favorite character) go to Italy, not exactly telling Charlie (her dad) and so on and so forth. Bella runs and tells Edward to stop. What confuses me is, she does stop him and he does see her, but he doesn't appear very happy, he didn't say anything exactly, he didn't appear to be happy she was alive... (why is that? I never understood, I had to read that part 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything) For some reason the Voltori (I decided on that) take them in anyway, and they argue with fancy words and such, I sort of forget what goes on after that, I know Edward and Bella get back together.. (even though Edward keeps going on and on that he is to dangerous and Bella's like "no-no, I love you, I'm obsessed with you, turn me into a vampire") and Jacub runs away! (Or is that the next book..) I have a few questions I want you and your family to discuss: Is this love? Is it healthy to obsess over a boy, especially if he is dangerious, is it good to USE your friend just to heal your own pain? Is it alright to mope for 3 months that your boyfriend leaves? (Similar issues, if your daughters boyfriend moves to Maine or something) Shouldn't you move on? (And here's MY questions: Why are these boys so obsessed with Bella, do they think its good to argue over her all the time? Why doesn't Jacub have more hair? Why is Bella so whiny? Why doesn't Bella hang out with her father now and again (he seems like an ok guy) Why doesn't she tell her parents ANYTHING at all? I mean tell them something! HOW can Bella choose Edward (after he LEFT her) over Jacub?! They both have anger issues I'll tell you that, but Jacub is nicer, more fun, Edwards all... "I'm so dangerous, but I must fofill my own needs by being with you, then leaving you to depression" I don't understand their thinking, nor can I understand the fandom over it. But, I can't change the minds of them, only time can.
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2010

Meh it was ok

I'm 11 and I read it and it's not really inappropriate or anything, the only thing parents should b concerned about is how an 18 year old (Bella) is just SO addicted 2 Edward I mean when she leaves she can hardly do get on with her life and she does literally ANYTHING 2 c him! Also at times I found it kinda slow at times but all in all it was a pretty decent book (tho not the best twilight book). I think that if anyones gonna read it they should b at the youngest probably 10 and not younger!
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 June 28, 2010

Awful. Just like breaking dawn. But if you're into the series you have to read it.

UGH this proves bella is a whiny loser who is completely desperate and thinks its ok to put herself in dangerous situations just to relive being with Edward. for those on team edward, this book is boring considering he isn't in much of it. It's all jacob. Its so dumb. I still love the series but this is terrible (just like breaking dawn). Bella is like "waaaaahhhhh uhhhhhh edward left me im going to go do dangerous stuff to see halucinations of him..." man she's dumb. If you like the series, you have to read it but only so you know what eclipse is all about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 26, 2010

NO one should ever read this book. Ever!!!

This is one of the worst books ever written. This book teaches girls that just because you're boyfriend dumps you it's okay to engage in self-destructive behavior. Bella is the worst role model any girl could ever find, she's a boring, self-pitying, moron who can't function without her angsty, emotionally abusive, stalker boyfriend. This book is appropriate for ten year-old's, but I don't think they should ever read it. It will turn them into obbsevive little fangirls, who need to go get a life. If you want to read this book, go buy a copy, burn it, and go read a real book. If you're strapped for cash, cut out the middle part and just to read a real book. Here are several suggestions: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes Call of the Wild by Jack London Watership Down, by Richards Adams All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot SO if you ever have the urge to read New Moon, or any other book in the Twilight 'Saga', just look at the list of books above, They're all awesome, plus they're well written and have a plot, two things all of Stephanie Meyer's books lack.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconator June 17, 2010

Team Jacob, but not New Moon

Once again, Bella has no life outside of Edward. This is probably THE WORST BOOK in the REPULSIVE TWILIGHT SAGA. It's boring. The vampires are frakkin' pansies who sparkle. I mean, what? They sparkle? Like fairies? If Meyer was trying to be original, she and her vampires fail miserably. I like werewolves. That is the only good thing about New Moon. Yay werewolves.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichelle33 April 19, 2010

Insane character

I don't get why everyone is saying that it's the best book in the series. What's so great when half the book is about a depressed girl who is depressed because a guy left her. First off, this almost encourages girls to die inside because a guy left her. Second, this books makes you wonder: Is Bella insane? She's hearing VOICES, people. That's not normal. If you're hearing voices, get help. It's not right. If I suddenly started hearing voices, I'd be downright terrified. I wouldn't want MORE! She goes and jumps off a cliff so she can hear Edward's voice! She's an IDIOT!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysapphire66 July 15, 2010

it was alrite

the book boring when Bella was being a self-pitying loser, and really didn't get exciting until near the end. she was a terrible role model, engaging in reckless behavior just because edward left. this book was almost as dull as breaking dawn
Teen, 15 years old Written bysoulsista February 8, 2010

it is depressing at parts but enlighting at others a good pick for 13+
Teen, 15 years old Written bybloodstained_te... April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bylexlexlex December 2, 2009

New Moon review

I think that New Moon is a great book. I personally think the age restrictions should be around 12 and up.....I think thas the best age to be reading this book. It may get boring for younger readers, and there will be words that they won't understand. Also, the book is very long, so its alot of reading for younger people. I don't the sexuality is bad AT ALL, although there is passionate kissing involved. As I said, I loved the book, but I dont reccomend it for children younger than 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks September 17, 2011

Literary "junk food"

Well, I thought I liked this, but this series is chock full of poor writing and mistakes. I would describe it as the "junk food" of literature. It's addicting, but it has no value.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfirekracka747 October 6, 2011

12+

Theres a little metion of drugs but its nothing important. there is a little more kissing but nothing to much. There is still a bunch of violence because bella is going crazy without edward and she makes bad desions on the most part. its an amazing book and it has a good message on edwards part because hes always watching out for her and everything he does is to protect her.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKayla1234 October 7, 2009

New Moon book review

The book New Moon by Stephanie Meyer is a great book for those who want to read an exciting story. Bella and Edward first met in the first book, Twilight. They become good friends until Edward and his family move away due to their secret. Bella goes through many obstacles with her new friend, Jacob, after Edward leaves. when Bella comes home one day to find a familiar face inside her houes, things suddenly pick up in the story and Bella ends up going to Italy. I thought this book was good. Towards the beginning it was slow. The middle was okay and th end really picked up to the point where I couldn't put it down. New Moon answered many of my questions after I finished reading the first book in the saga.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 November 1, 2011

My Review

This book was okay. The main reason I liked it was because of the writing, which is really good, but I don't like Bella's character. Her obsession with Edward sends a negative message about not learning to move on after a relationship ends. She also starts doing dangerous stunts to see Edward, which reinforces the message that you can't move on after a relationship is over. Violence: There isn't a ton of violence which is a surprise for a vampire novel. Most of the violence comes from Bella because she does dangerous stunts. Sex is limited to kissing, which is described. Language includes "d*mn" and "h*ll". There was a mention of someone selling meth to kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler January 28, 2011

No common sense of the story.

Hate it. Bella is toying Jacob's feelings just because she's sure she loves Edward. Moreover, Jacob should have stop Bella from seeing Edward in Italy no matter what even if he gets knocked down by a car. Instead, he just let Bella go and accept her goodbyes. Besides, I don't get why vampires and werewolves are enemies in this story. Doesn't make any sense.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybook13lover December 4, 2011

Okay books

Okay. I know, I know, everyone hates Twilight. I actually like it, however. It was fairly well-written. I'm also very much a feminist, and I first read it when I was twelve. It didn't influence my views on feminism and women's rights at all. It's just a story. Talk to your kids afterward, about how their relationship isn't healthy.