All member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 15 years old Written bynebulagraveyard April 9, 2008

What's the fuss with length?

Almost every adult review that I've seen complains that the book is to lengthy. I think their attitude about this entire thing is ridiculous. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because I've always been mature for my age. When I first started reading this book I saw the mention of vampires and romance on the back. I read the first chapter and became intrigued by how real Bella seemed compared to so many other heroines that I have read about. Bella thinks of herself as not being that beautiful because she was nothing compared to her classmates in Phoenix. She doesn't feel like she belongs anywhere and Bella knows adult responsiblity due to her mother's flightiness. Then she begins attending Forks High School. The whirlwind Romeo and Juliet romance of Edward and Bella leaves fans touched and most girls wishing he were real. All characters have flaws, not even the vampires are perfect, although sometimes it may seem like they are. But overall the sheer power of Bella and Edward's love is something that will leave you with hope for the future. Sure some of Bella's behavior in New Moon may seem a little overdramatic to some adults but I have yet to meet one girl who has read it and not cried. Bella loved Edward so much but at the time she couldn't understand how he could love her a 'Plain Jane' When he left her it played on all of her fears unknowing how it was affecting Edward as well. Any adult who reads this seeries for pleasure instead of wanting to see if it's appropriate for children or not might understand why we love this series so much. Why is everyone trying to monitor what kids watch so much anyway? If you say you trust us enough to let us buy and read what we want, shouldn't you trust us enough not to go behind our backs to find this stuff out? Seriously if you're worried just ask us.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

MY FAVORITE SERIES!!! A MUST-READ!!!

The 'Twilight Saga' is my favorite series. New Moon will be a small disappointment to lovers of 'Twilight', but you get to know Jacob loads better. Violence - Hardly any. Alice thinks Bella tries to commit suicide, but Bella was really just cliff-jumping. There is a small confrontation at the end of the book, but nothing violent. Some kissing, but not as much as inthe first book. No sex. Maybe 5 swear words.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydallas_renea April 9, 2008

OHMYGAWD I LIKED THE OTHER TWO BETTER>

ugh, i hate how edward left in this book, this book made me ball like a baby!!! ugh I HATE JACOB!!! edward and bella would be better off with out him sround screwing things up. read this book now!

LOOOOVED IT!!

Out of all the twilight series, new moon was my LEAST favorite, and that's because Edward wasn't in it! I absolutly H-A-T-E Jacob Black!! I think that the author got caught up in the story, so many parts didn't make sense, but overal, good.
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2015

Terrible

I could rant about this forever, but I'll just keep it brief. This book is unreadable. It is undoubtably the worst in the series. Bella is so obsessed with Edward that she cannot function without him. Instead of wasting your time on this disgrace to books and YA novels, read something better. (Note: I rated this not for kids because it will destroy your young mind)
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2015

It's A Good Book

New Moon does not have a lot of sex, Edward and Bella do kiss once and a while. Their is really no violence only towards the end. I would recommend this books for kids 12 and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

I love it!

Just like all the other books in the series, AMAZING!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Some violence, and Obsession . . . . . ok for eleven and up !

I saw this movie when I was eight, and thought that the sexual content wasn't an issue, but maybe some of the wolf violence is. There's also some scenes with lots of vampire fighting, but nothing too intense. The obsession that Bella truly feels for Edward is revealed, setting off some sexual content that might not be ok for ten and under. But, for the most part, this movie was great, and better than the first one.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2013

Sends bad messages!

I did not like this book. I liked Twilight, but when I got to where she started doing reckless things just to hear Edward's voice, I was like, "Ummmmmmmmm... this is NOT sending a positive message. Plus, I feel like it teaches teens to do wreckless things, and to be overly and dramatically depressed just because of a breakup. I mean, it is fine to be sad for a little while, but, I mean, for like SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! Overall, I just thought the book was not good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnicornGirl February 19, 2013

More dark then first book, but still good

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD I love this series, but this was my least favorite book. The beginning can be very scary to some people(Bella gets a paper cut and vampires have to be restrained), followed by the Cullen's leaving a few days later. I was never happy while reading this until about 75% through, when Bella tries to save Edward who thought she killed herself. Bella wasn't trying to kill herself, but when she does reckless things, she hears Edwards voice, so she jumps off a cliff (into water) but Jacob saves her. An ok book for me, but others might enjoy it more.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2013

Really good book, but don't like obsession.

Hey, I am an 11 year old girl. I think this book is overall really good. I just don't like how Bella is portrayed. She is seriously obsessed with Edward. She jumps off a cliff(Not to kill herself, just to hear his voice again. She actually thought it was fun.). She finds out that when she does dangerous stuff she can hear Edward's voice in her head.So she shoots for that. Motorcycles, cliff-diving and other stuff. I really like Jacob better than Edward. It's not sexual obsession, it's more that she want's to become vampire and live with edward forever. She get's mad when she's aging. I DO NOT THINK OF BELLA AS A ROLE MODEL. And parent's need to trust their kids that they won't think about that. In the third one it's little sexual. I haven't read it I v'e just read reviews. My mom doesn't want me to read it because she doesn't want me thinking about sexuality. That it's overexposed to me. BUT I DON'T! I don't think about becoming or being like Bella, I don't think about her obsession. Parent's need to know that in the third one she attempts to take off her clothes and have sex. She want's to have sex with him. But he doesn't allow her. I'm glad he says they wait for marriage. But Bella think's she's too young. It's like her obsession, I don't like but I don't think about it often. I am fine to wait a couple years for Breaking Dawn( Because they do have sex.) But Eclipse is all I am asking for right now.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMolvyn January 2, 2013

Dragged on

Didnt really enjoy this book. It dragged and i found that when i put it down i wasnt eager to pick it back up again (which is highly unusual for me). I thought it was the worst book of the series.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2012

Great Twilight Sequel!

New Moon is a very interesting read with a few passionate kisses, some action scenes, and maybe just a few bad words. Other than that, the love story and second book in the Twilight Saga will keep readers begging for more and is perfect for those around 12 and up.
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

A Very Good Book...

Yes. You should read this. It picks up right where the last book left off.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2012

oh hooray for twilight!

i am enjoying the series, but i noticed that there is language, dam, hel, crab (put the b upside down), but otherwise, great book!
Teen, 17 years old Written byWhathey January 4, 2012

The besst!

Like this Book is the best haters Your just jealous you don't have a body like Jacob and really thiss book is really great!<3
Teen, 15 years old Written bybook13lover December 4, 2011

Okay books

Okay. I know, I know, everyone hates Twilight. I actually like it, however. It was fairly well-written. I'm also very much a feminist, and I first read it when I was twelve. It didn't influence my views on feminism and women's rights at all. It's just a story. Talk to your kids afterward, about how their relationship isn't healthy.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2011

shirtless werewolf boys

this is a really good book. there are a couple scenes with some sensitivity,like when jake says he won`t be bella`s friend. there is about a 4 scale violence.there are lots of shirtless werewolf buys and edwards shirt comes off once or twice,but it`s great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 November 1, 2011

My Review

This book was okay. The main reason I liked it was because of the writing, which is really good, but I don't like Bella's character. Her obsession with Edward sends a negative message about not learning to move on after a relationship ends. She also starts doing dangerous stunts to see Edward, which reinforces the message that you can't move on after a relationship is over. Violence: There isn't a ton of violence which is a surprise for a vampire novel. Most of the violence comes from Bella because she does dangerous stunts. Sex is limited to kissing, which is described. Language includes "d*mn" and "h*ll". There was a mention of someone selling meth to kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfirekracka747 October 6, 2011

12+

Theres a little metion of drugs but its nothing important. there is a little more kissing but nothing to much. There is still a bunch of violence because bella is going crazy without edward and she makes bad desions on the most part. its an amazing book and it has a good message on edwards part because hes always watching out for her and everything he does is to protect her.