All member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 July 29, 2011

Okay Book, But Not a Fan of Jacob

This is okay, but this Bella chic keeps sulking over Edward. Why? He's just a boy! I don't really enjoy Jacob (sorry Team Jacob fans!). For some reason, I find him irritating and annoying. Okay, but not as good as the first or third.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 2, 2011

Better than the first, but surprisingly not much more violent.

Only read it if you have read the original (Twilight); it's hard to understand without full knowledge of the characters.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i love this book the best

The good stuff * Educational value: There is more action in this sequel, so teen fans will have no trouble racing through it -- and then taking on the next installments in this popular series. * Role models: Bella engages in reckless and dangerous behavior in the name of being upset over a boyfriend. She also plays with another boy's emotions. But readers will relate to her romantic misery and find it easy to root for her as she races to save Edward from ending his life. What to watch out for * Messages: Readers will pick up themes here about the strength of romantic love. Also, there is a good against evil thing going on as a bad vampire tries to take revenge on Edward. * Violence: Threats and implied offstage deaths. Bella accidentally gets cut and vampires have to be forcibly restrained. Also, Bella discovers that when she does risky and dangerous things, she can hear Edward's voice in her head -- so she takes up motorcycling and cliff diving. Plus, she is being stalked by another vampire out for revenge against Edward. * Sex: Some passionate kissing. * Language: Not an issue. * Consumerism: Car brands. Fast food. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: A mention of selling meth.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

Good Book. Good for Older Tweens, Teens, and Adults.

Good Book. I read it when I was ten. Only thing to question is why Edward left Bella....But he is a good role model because he was trying to help her.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

New Moon is awesome!!

This is probably the best book so far. Twilight got kind of boring after I read it a couple of times, but New Moon just keeps getting better!!
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

Read it when i was 8, understood everything
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenkazoo123 February 13, 2011

Bad Message

After Bella has fallen madly in love with a vampire, he decides he doesn't;t love her, and moves out of town. Then she falls into a deep, and very, very long depression. She befriends a werewolf, and they become bffs. In the end, Bella and Edward end up together and are super happy. This girl falls into a deep depression and later almost gets killed for an un-dead guy, who broke up with her
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

a nice review.

this is good for avid readers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

Little bit better than the Twilight, but still seems like it takes forever to read.

Due to Edward's abrupt departure, Bella goes into a depressed state that also depresses everyone around her (her father especially). After being forced by her father to go out with friends, Bella realizes that doing reckless things (including: riding on a motorcycle with a complete stranger and cliff-diving) and purposely endangering herself she can catch glimpses of Edward, however fleeting they may be. Throughout this, what at times seems endless, story Bella's relationship with Jacob Black grows, only to have him ripped away at the end because of his being a werewolf and all... Ugh this series... Not my favorite.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 January 11, 2011

Ok book

I loved the series but this one tends to get a little boring throughout. Even though it wasn't the best book of the series, it kept me reading all day, espcially near the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySudmalis January 1, 2011

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2010

Meh it was ok

I'm 11 and I read it and it's not really inappropriate or anything, the only thing parents should b concerned about is how an 18 year old (Bella) is just SO addicted 2 Edward I mean when she leaves she can hardly do get on with her life and she does literally ANYTHING 2 c him! Also at times I found it kinda slow at times but all in all it was a pretty decent book (tho not the best twilight book). I think that if anyones gonna read it they should b at the youngest probably 10 and not younger!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

the perfect book for tweens

i am 11 and read new moon i thought that the book was great. i mean the ending was kind of sad how Jacob just said that he did not want be friends with Bella but it was really good. i know beacause I have read all the twilight books.I love this book. I know that Bella may not be the best role model but that is what makes the book so good.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2010

perfect for teens and tweens

this is a book for kids (mostly girls) who are at that age where its all about bfs and gfs. sso parents, dont read it if you dont like that kind of stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight October 29, 2010

A very long rantish/opinion on what I think of this (Spoilers)

Excellently written, although, not my favorite. Before I go on I'm clearing out that I'm not saying Stephine Myer is a bad writer, she has an interesting imagination. Anyway, it's kind of out of the blue when Edward leaves, Bella gets all crazy about it, decides the only way to see him is by doing stupid recklace, suicudal things! Um, that stuff isn't romance, thats a teenager not realizing LIFE GOES ON. So, she strings along poor little Jacub, he confesses his feelings to her, and she hesitates. She loves him but she doesn't. (By hatred for Bella has risen to its emth digree) She's practiculy using the boy, and then, he saves her by turning into a werewolf and killing the vampire. For one, aren't werewolves suppose to be hairy? He could have kept the long hair! Why is he always shirtless? He likes her for 'her' (even though I have NO idea why) yet she can't exept that, she has to be so whiny and picky, but then again thats her taste. At least Jacub and Bella had some fun when they were with eachother, but with Edward its all depressing 'forbidden' love "I don't want to hurt you Bella" over-and-over again. Anyway, it's smartly written, just a stupid plot (written in a smart way?) Moving on, (I forgot how this happened) but Edward somehow thought she killed herself (Probably from one of her stupid stunts) and he's gonna go to the Volteri, step into the light and turn sparkly, hence forth revealing himself as a vampire (to tell the truth, maybe the Italians would think he's just a weird dude with glitter all over himself, consittering many didn't know 'vampires sparkle') so, it will anger the Volteri (or Voltori) and they will kill him. How romantic.. suicide. NOT. Guys suicide isn't romantic, its sad! It's teaching life doesn't go on, YOU GET OVER IT see a councler, just DON'T kill yourself! So, Bella, worried, goes with Alice (My favorite character) go to Italy, not exactly telling Charlie (her dad) and so on and so forth. Bella runs and tells Edward to stop. What confuses me is, she does stop him and he does see her, but he doesn't appear very happy, he didn't say anything exactly, he didn't appear to be happy she was alive... (why is that? I never understood, I had to read that part 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything) For some reason the Voltori (I decided on that) take them in anyway, and they argue with fancy words and such, I sort of forget what goes on after that, I know Edward and Bella get back together.. (even though Edward keeps going on and on that he is to dangerous and Bella's like "no-no, I love you, I'm obsessed with you, turn me into a vampire") and Jacub runs away! (Or is that the next book..) I have a few questions I want you and your family to discuss: Is this love? Is it healthy to obsess over a boy, especially if he is dangerious, is it good to USE your friend just to heal your own pain? Is it alright to mope for 3 months that your boyfriend leaves? (Similar issues, if your daughters boyfriend moves to Maine or something) Shouldn't you move on? (And here's MY questions: Why are these boys so obsessed with Bella, do they think its good to argue over her all the time? Why doesn't Jacub have more hair? Why is Bella so whiny? Why doesn't Bella hang out with her father now and again (he seems like an ok guy) Why doesn't she tell her parents ANYTHING at all? I mean tell them something! HOW can Bella choose Edward (after he LEFT her) over Jacub?! They both have anger issues I'll tell you that, but Jacub is nicer, more fun, Edwards all... "I'm so dangerous, but I must fofill my own needs by being with you, then leaving you to depression" I don't understand their thinking, nor can I understand the fandom over it. But, I can't change the minds of them, only time can.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynoveleater October 28, 2010

Sequel more exciting, and picks up the romance.

New Moon picks up the violence. This time Edward leaves Bella afraid that he'll hurt her. Bella feeling denied and hurt goes off and mopes for, like 50 years then makes friends with Jacob, but some HAIRY things are going around him. First off the violence includes Bella slapping a boy, and many fights between the pack erupted frequently.And the finale battle includes a fight between vampires, and a suicidal attempt on Edward's part. There is talk about a women being scraped in the face by a werwolf, and one vampire's power is too torture another using her mind. I saw myself enjoying the characters more. The problem I has with it was that Bella totally ruined her life after Edward dumped her. Sure, a break up is bad, but she should get over after a couple of months, not half a year. Also I didn't like the idea that she is afraid of her birthday. Who cares if you are a year older than your boyfriend? My Dad is five years older than my mom, and Carlisle is younger than Esme too. Who cares? NO ONE!!! And then she finds out that if she hurts herself, or gets adrenaline running she will hear Edward's voice in her head. And if that isn't bad enough, she begins to hurt herself on purpose! If you are a mom, I would really think over it before you let your child(ren) read it. I am a boy, and for those who think this book is a chick flick, get over it. I'm enjoying them myself, and I am excited to start Eclipse, the third in the series. I think this is the one you should read before letting it happen. The swearing isn't too explicit, but it still is there. Thank you, and enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngelgirlbaby14 October 1, 2010

Never could stop reading it
Teen, 16 years old Written byJazmin Sanchez September 8, 2010

perfect for all ages book

it is the best book ever
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwi-Girl September 2, 2010

I wouldn't let a child any younger than 9 read any of the Twilight Saga.

I love this Book, as you can see by my name i Love The whole Twilight Saga. I enjoyed the book, but I understand what people say about bella being a bad role model but it wouldn't say she was bad as such but I wouldn't follow her every foot-step, because she is too dependant on Edward and uses Jacob, but then she is good in other ways small ways (see later in the saga (don't want to ruin it for those who haven't read later on)). I'll just say that she would be willing to sacrifice herself for love ones and that is a wonderful message! So That's what I have put a good message! So to those who say the book is rubbish, that's your oppinion and make that clear I think people should be able to decide for themselves. If you have a mature 10yr old I think they should read the book... I Like it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysapphire66 July 15, 2010

it was alrite

the book boring when Bella was being a self-pitying loser, and really didn't get exciting until near the end. she was a terrible role model, engaging in reckless behavior just because edward left. this book was almost as dull as breaking dawn