All teen and kid member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byPride and Prejudice April 13, 2013

Pretty Good

I really enjoyed reading this book. However, it's not as good as the first. It helps you get to know Jacob a lot better. Overall it's a good book and worth reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 26, 2010

NO one should ever read this book. Ever!!!

This is one of the worst books ever written. This book teaches girls that just because you're boyfriend dumps you it's okay to engage in self-destructive behavior. Bella is the worst role model any girl could ever find, she's a boring, self-pitying, moron who can't function without her angsty, emotionally abusive, stalker boyfriend. This book is appropriate for ten year-old's, but I don't think they should ever read it. It will turn them into obbsevive little fangirls, who need to go get a life. If you want to read this book, go buy a copy, burn it, and go read a real book. If you're strapped for cash, cut out the middle part and just to read a real book. Here are several suggestions: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes Call of the Wild by Jack London Watership Down, by Richards Adams All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot SO if you ever have the urge to read New Moon, or any other book in the Twilight 'Saga', just look at the list of books above, They're all awesome, plus they're well written and have a plot, two things all of Stephanie Meyer's books lack.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBailey Crawly March 19, 2012

Another great Twilight book, but wait until you're 16 to read it.

Well, the second book in the Twilight saga was the worst, not because of plot, but because of the way it was written. Bella's obsession with Edward is so strong in this book it's almost sickening. There aren't educational values in the book, nor positive messages. Similar to the first novel, there is no other meaning behind the story. Again, the characters aren't good role models, even though the character of Jacob is slowly being revealed more and he seems like he might be a good role model (perhaps in Eclipse). Just like the first book, there is a lot of violence, too much passionate kissing (and almost sexual actions). For language, nothing worse than "D*mn it", Counterism of car brands, fast food, soft drinks, and drugs. There are no drugs used in this story at all. In the second book, the plot becomes considerably darker than the first novel. I actually became frightened at points because the story was so dark. However, it's a great story (just like Twilight was), but not until you reach the appropriate age or maturity level.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover June 9, 2010

I really liked it! The kissing was not a problem at all, really. In all it was very good!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichelle33 April 19, 2010

Insane character

I don't get why everyone is saying that it's the best book in the series. What's so great when half the book is about a depressed girl who is depressed because a guy left her. First off, this almost encourages girls to die inside because a guy left her. Second, this books makes you wonder: Is Bella insane? She's hearing VOICES, people. That's not normal. If you're hearing voices, get help. It's not right. If I suddenly started hearing voices, I'd be downright terrified. I wouldn't want MORE! She goes and jumps off a cliff so she can hear Edward's voice! She's an IDIOT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessie12896 February 11, 2010

A bit depressing, but an overall good read.

I love the Twilight saga, but this is probably my least-favorite of the four books. It's pretty depressing at times, but if you read Twilight, you have to read New Moon!

Better than the first...

In Stephenie Meyer's first book, Twilight, nothing really exciting happened for the first 100 pages. The only thing that kept me reading was to find out what was up with Edward Cullen's strange behavior. But after I found out that Edward and his family were vampires, I couldn't put the book down. When I finished it, I went to the bookstore the very next day to get the sequel, New Moon. New Moon had a lot more action than Twilight, and the pace was definately a lot faster. I must say, though, reading the book for about 300 pages without the Cullens in it was painful. Edward and his family are really what make Bella's dull life exciting. And since the books are told from Bella's point of view, it took the excitement out of the book. But I read on because there was a little excitement with Jacob and the werewolves. But just like Twilight, the end of the book had me reading on for hours and hours until I finished it. Fans of Twilight might be a little disappointed by the abcense of the vampires, but as usual, Stephenie Meyer's writing style and ability to keep you reading even when there really isn't any action in the book at all will have readers on the edge of their seats.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

luv it!!!!!!!!! read it when i waz 9. reread it about 500 times since then!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysoulsista February 8, 2010

it is depressing at parts but enlighting at others a good pick for 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written bycocobean16 July 22, 2009

New Moon Review

BORING! THIS BOOK IS HORRIBLE DON'T READ IT! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT READING IT! IT IS HORRIBLE!...and if you think that you are going to read it(wrost mistake ever) then here are some things that I should mention to you. 1. Edward leaves Bella, because Jasper tries to suck her blood, and he thinks that it is too dangerous for Bella. 2. Bella runs away, causing her father to get a search party together. 3. Bella gets depressed over a GUY! 4. Bella doesn't go out with any of her friends. 5. Bella has hallucinations(ex:hearing Edward's voice when she does something stupid and/or dangerous) 6. Bella does stupid and dangerous things with her friend Jacob, in order to hear Edward's voice. 7. Bella walks up to a drunk guy standing on the sidewalk. 8. Bella crashes a motorcycle. 9. Bella jumps into the ocean(or some type of body of water) DURING A STORM! 10. Bella almost gets killed at least ten times during the whole book.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2009

Read on!!

I'm going 2 b honest I haven't actually read the book yet bt from wat i hear about it I am gonna deffinately raed it, and u should 2. It sounds brill. My whole class r readin it at the moment. It gets really hard 2 put it down u just want 2 read more and more. It is my least favourite book out of the saga, and gets slightly boring after Edward leaves bt its a good twist and it gets better when he returns. I wasn't sure if it was the sort of book I'd like cause I usually go 4 books by Cathy Hopkins, like the Mates Dates seris and the Cinnamin Girl seris. Bt it has a lot of romance in it 2. U must read this book it is class.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVGURL February 7, 2009

WATEVER

OKAY NEW MOON HMMM... LETS SEE OK THE BOOK GOT BORING AFTER AWHLIE IM NOT KIDDING.AND JACOB GOT ON MY NERVES.WHEN SHE WENT TO SAVE EDWARD I LIKED THAT.BUT I HATED SHE COULDNT JUST $GET JACOB!!! READ AT UR OWN RISK.(I WARN YOU U MIGHT GET DISSAPOINTED!) =D ~KARAMEL~
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 16, 2011

start with this one first

this book is the best out of the hole twilight seires so if u read this series start with this one
Teen, 13 years old Written bytristanlvv23 i ... January 30, 2011

gay

hate it so stupid
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler January 28, 2011

No common sense of the story.

Hate it. Bella is toying Jacob's feelings just because she's sure she loves Edward. Moreover, Jacob should have stop Bella from seeing Edward in Italy no matter what even if he gets knocked down by a car. Instead, he just let Bella go and accept her goodbyes. Besides, I don't get why vampires and werewolves are enemies in this story. Doesn't make any sense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaraines16 January 11, 2010

single ladies

iluvit im single
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxLadyluckxX October 14, 2009

Twilight is great but do not like the characters

Love the saga but really do not like the characters. None of the characters in this series are very human at all, they are all not very well thought through, and very perfect with set ideas. The characters are not relatable. Edward is so selfless and perfect that through the saga he just gets really annoying nad the same oes for bella who is revealed to be not so selfless and infact very self involved.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2009

WORST TWILIGHT BOOK EVER!

WORST TWILIGHT BOOK EVER! OK so I read the first book and I was hooked, expecting something better, and then Smeyer writes New Moon. An epic-fail of a novel! The Volturi are the only cool vampires because they actully kill people! Just horrible!
Teen, 13 years old Written byduhhhduhh32 January 26, 2009

i stopped reading!!

Its really kinda boring i thought after edward left we dont want to hear about jacob!! but i still think edward leaving added a good twist..but it gets better so i had to keep reading!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

tyguhnjitgtygty87ujijiokooooooooooioi0oioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk