All teen and kid member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 26, 2010

NO one should ever read this book. Ever!!!

This is one of the worst books ever written. This book teaches girls that just because you're boyfriend dumps you it's okay to engage in self-destructive behavior. Bella is the worst role model any girl could ever find, she's a boring, self-pitying, moron who can't function without her angsty, emotionally abusive, stalker boyfriend. This book is appropriate for ten year-old's, but I don't think they should ever read it. It will turn them into obbsevive little fangirls, who need to go get a life. If you want to read this book, go buy a copy, burn it, and go read a real book. If you're strapped for cash, cut out the middle part and just to read a real book. Here are several suggestions: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes Call of the Wild by Jack London Watership Down, by Richards Adams All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot SO if you ever have the urge to read New Moon, or any other book in the Twilight 'Saga', just look at the list of books above, They're all awesome, plus they're well written and have a plot, two things all of Stephanie Meyer's books lack.

Better than the first...

In Stephenie Meyer's first book, Twilight, nothing really exciting happened for the first 100 pages. The only thing that kept me reading was to find out what was up with Edward Cullen's strange behavior. But after I found out that Edward and his family were vampires, I couldn't put the book down. When I finished it, I went to the bookstore the very next day to get the sequel, New Moon. New Moon had a lot more action than Twilight, and the pace was definately a lot faster. I must say, though, reading the book for about 300 pages without the Cullens in it was painful. Edward and his family are really what make Bella's dull life exciting. And since the books are told from Bella's point of view, it took the excitement out of the book. But I read on because there was a little excitement with Jacob and the werewolves. But just like Twilight, the end of the book had me reading on for hours and hours until I finished it. Fans of Twilight might be a little disappointed by the abcense of the vampires, but as usual, Stephenie Meyer's writing style and ability to keep you reading even when there really isn't any action in the book at all will have readers on the edge of their seats.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshark710 April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

the perfect book for tweens

i am 11 and read new moon i thought that the book was great. i mean the ending was kind of sad how Jacob just said that he did not want be friends with Bella but it was really good. i know beacause I have read all the twilight books.I love this book. I know that Bella may not be the best role model but that is what makes the book so good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

I cried so hard that I had to get a towel!

have you cried over a book? This was my first cry book. I am usually really tough, but when Edward left Bella, I couldn't read my book. The page of the break is see-though. I was so happy when Alice came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

OMG like the best book ever!

This series is amazing. Its not like other vampire books; it's a very beautiful series. I almost cried when Bella and Edward met in Italy. OF COURSE Bella is obsessed with her boyfriend. I'm pretty sure that ANYONE in her situation would be. Hypothetically, of course, but still..... oh and by the way, dont let kids under like 11 read this. Some violence, scary scenes, romance, and big words ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightphyco101 March 1, 2010

So so

Kinda boring all about Jacob eww almost feel asleep but then it got exciting with Edward
Teen, 16 years old Written byKayla1234 October 7, 2009

New Moon book review

The book New Moon by Stephanie Meyer is a great book for those who want to read an exciting story. Bella and Edward first met in the first book, Twilight. They become good friends until Edward and his family move away due to their secret. Bella goes through many obstacles with her new friend, Jacob, after Edward leaves. when Bella comes home one day to find a familiar face inside her houes, things suddenly pick up in the story and Bella ends up going to Italy. I thought this book was good. Towards the beginning it was slow. The middle was okay and th end really picked up to the point where I couldn't put it down. New Moon answered many of my questions after I finished reading the first book in the saga.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2009

Ages 10-11+

I liked it alot and didnt read any horrible things but Edward has to separate from Bella.She spends most of her time with Jacob throughout the story.Hearing voices of Edward in her head alot.
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2009

Role Models?

Good. But for a Christian girl like me and many more we shouldn't obsess over vampires. Good book but, no so great role models.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybarbara-16 May 10, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byduhhhduhh32 January 26, 2009

i stopped reading!!

Its really kinda boring i thought after edward left we dont want to hear about jacob!! but i still think edward leaving added a good twist..but it gets better so i had to keep reading!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

tyguhnjitgtygty87ujijiokooooooooooioi0oioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Teen, 15 years old Written bybloodstained_te... April 9, 2008

Have to read it!

You have to read this book especially if you have read the first book in the series Twilight. The problem is that Bella has no life without her "True Love" (who by the way is a teenager like her) she can't survive. She keeps talking about how hot he is. She even tried to kill herself over him. I don't think that this is a good example for future teens or teens. Bella needs to understand that teenage love is probly not going to work out. Don't kill yourself over a guy you only like because he is hot.

LOOOOVED IT!!

Out of all the twilight series, new moon was my LEAST favorite, and that's because Edward wasn't in it! I absolutly H-A-T-E Jacob Black!! I think that the author got caught up in the story, so many parts didn't make sense, but overal, good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBailey Crawly March 19, 2012

Another great Twilight book, but wait until you're 16 to read it.

Well, the second book in the Twilight saga was the worst, not because of plot, but because of the way it was written. Bella's obsession with Edward is so strong in this book it's almost sickening. There aren't educational values in the book, nor positive messages. Similar to the first novel, there is no other meaning behind the story. Again, the characters aren't good role models, even though the character of Jacob is slowly being revealed more and he seems like he might be a good role model (perhaps in Eclipse). Just like the first book, there is a lot of violence, too much passionate kissing (and almost sexual actions). For language, nothing worse than "D*mn it", Counterism of car brands, fast food, soft drinks, and drugs. There are no drugs used in this story at all. In the second book, the plot becomes considerably darker than the first novel. I actually became frightened at points because the story was so dark. However, it's a great story (just like Twilight was), but not until you reach the appropriate age or maturity level.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

a nice review.

this is good for avid readers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytristanlvv23 i ... January 30, 2011

gay

hate it so stupid
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 January 11, 2011

Ok book

I loved the series but this one tends to get a little boring throughout. Even though it wasn't the best book of the series, it kept me reading all day, espcially near the end.