All member reviews for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

All-nighter turns romantic in fun but racy read.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBookAddict October 28, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written by666maze666 November 28, 2010

somewhat racy teen romcom

It's a romantic comedy for teens. It's one of the better ones I've read, though. So, there's some kissing(and more), talk about sex, and a strip club with strippers dressed like nuns. Also, there are a couple characters who regularly get drunk and hook up with whoever. Nick's band is underage but they play in a bar and drink alcohol. Don't forget the constant swearing, but its what kids hear at school every day.
Adult Written byCota October 1, 2010

Garbage! Don't waste your time or money!

GARBAGE!!!!
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... July 24, 2009

A little mature, but a great read!

This is a hilarious book, but it has some adult situations...namely lots of frank sex talk and a scene in a gay..."bar". A very interesting read overall.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytorixtrue January 15, 2012

okay

I agree with what many others have said, that the book is not appropriate for some teens and teens who are not okay or used to the language/sex/drugs used throughout this book. However, in my opinion most of this stuff I see and hear every day at school. The language or inappropriateness was not a turn off for me, as it accurately depicts what things are like for most older teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhoppygirl April 15, 2010

Better for 8th grade and up

Adult Written bymoviemadness April 8, 2009

Sex, Drugs, and Alcohol Galore

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is a mediocre story packed with drinks, making out, oral sex, abusive boyfriends, and reckless behavior. Not the sort of stuff you'd want your teen emulating. On the bright side, it's slightly more creative that the junk most teens read.
Teen, 17 years old Written byindiemovies August 14, 2015

Great Performances and a Great Romantic Comedy

There's something about how awkward Michael Cera is in everyone of the performances he plays that draws you to his breaking voice and small, but usually comic gold comments he makes throughout his movies. He was born a side character, but in this movie, he really shows he can act, and he does it in the best way possible, with a great movie. The tone is clear throughout Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, with help from a killer soundtrack, and the quiet devotion Cera has to his ex-girlfriend, Tris, and how mean she is to him that makes you wish throughout the movie for her downfall. The movie is so full of symbolism it's a joy to watch, and even though I have never been a huge fan of romantic comedies, this one is great. It gets away with a lot for a PG-13 movie, with some moderate language, including one F-word, sexual references, including the discussion and the audio of the female orgasm. But teens who are a fan of this genre, and some teens who aren't would love this lively movie, and it's definitely a good one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMizzzz_Hucks April 28, 2015

Adult Written bytobier January 19, 2015

I really loved this book. The writing was really great. If your a music elitest, you'll love all the references. That said, one thing a lot of people don't like is all the swearing. If that turns you off, you maybe won't enjoy this book. One thing that bothered me was one of the main characters- she kind of seemed like a rich girl with a perfect life who was trying to find something to be upset about.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPride and Prejudice November 10, 2014

Cute

I enjoyed the book and thought it was well written and a cute story. It's short and enjoyable and overall worth a read. For me it was really just a one time read though, not a favorite that I'll keep coming back to.