Educational, inspirational profiles of 13 American heroes.

Parent of a 4 year old Written bymama2D January 1, 2011

Reviews, not politics, please!

I don't think it's fair or informative for kjrutherford of Indiana to review this book because s/he hasn't read it. S/he says s/he's basing the opinion on a couple of negative reviews at amazon.com. I just checked amazon where the book has 86 5-star reviews, 6 4-star reviews, and 3 1-star reviews (and no 3 or 2-star reviews). In fact, kjrutherford is taking advantage of this review space to plug Lynn Cheney's books for kids. I think the "review", along with my critique of it, should both be removed to make way for comments from people who have actually read the book and have something constructive to say about it that would assist readers.
Parent Written byPitIggyMom February 25, 2011
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byBorax December 24, 2010

Greek myths have better moral lessons

What a tedious book. It's self-consciously earnest and worthy, and for most kids totally forgettable. Parents are buying this so they can mold their kids politics, not because it might inspire them or--God forbid--give them some pleasurable reading. We got this from a friend who is obsessed with making her kids into extensions of her own ideas. And no, this has nothing to do with my political views. I just don't know what kind of parent would give their kid a book by any politician. Weird.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzoliviam January 31, 2016

A Little Lesson On Internet Behavior Folks

I was given this book by my godparents and it's a really good book. I just wanted to let you know that it is a pretty nefty book. It's not degrading children or persuading them to join politics. It's telling a story to and about Barack Obama's two children. There's nothing wrong with someone publishing a book about their children, even if the are a politician. Because they've written a children's book doesn't always mean they are trying to force your kids' minds into a 'politician mindset'. It's his story that he wrote for his children and quite frankly, it's surely none of your business. He don't care if you don't like it. He's Barack Obama. Let him live his life and maybe, just maybe, you can live your's. And if it's so tedious of a book, why did you take time out of your day to write a review. How about this: look at yourself. Have you written a book? Can you stay up hours of the night taking care of a child? I'm thirteen and I can. Tell me this, do you understandwhat analyzing and applying is. Analyze the situation at hand: does anyone want your opinion? Of course. Does anyone need your opinion. Nope. SO WHY DIDN'T YOU APPLY!?? Apply the synopsis of the situation to the task at hand. Use your best judgement to identify the things you are going to say. Inquire to yourself: "Did anyone ask?" "Will this lead to hate?" "Can I take constructive criticism?" If you answered any of these questions wth yes, you've failed.