Kid reviews for One of Us Is Next: The Sequel to One of Us Is Lying

One of Us Is Next: The Sequel to One of Us Is Lying Poster Image

This is such a good read

When I bought this I hadn’t read on of us is lying but I still loved one of us is next. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat at some parts it was such a good bit and I highly recommend, especially if you’ve read any of Karen macmanus’s other book

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book is amazing I think you should read it, some may say this book is no good but they are wrong!!!!!!! This is a great mystery book and great for peoples of any age you shoud recommend this book to may people and read it it has a great topic.

1 person found this helpful.

Good but not like the first

Overall, I think it is a good book. Near the end there are a lot of twists that I enjoyed (I won't spoil it) but I felt that it was slow towards the beginning. Despite the boredom I felt towards the beginning, it was a pretty good book but it wasn't nearly as good as the first. I like the references back to the first book, and how both a lot of the characters were developed. Unfortunately I didn't think the protagonists (especially Phoebe and Maeve) were that well developed. It's still a good read though, and I'd suggest it to anyone who like the first one.

Great book!

This book was really good! Even though it has some advanced topics, I think it should be fine for 12 year olds to read.
1 person found this helpful.

Ok sequel- not nearly as good as the first

It was ok, the characters were just a little boring I suppose- I kept getting confused between them proving how unmemorable they were. That said I did love love love Maeve and the little throwbacks to Nate. The plot was fine, mediocre at best and I’m not going to lie it was a little predictable. Maybe this was just harsh because the ’one of us is lying’ is easily one of my favourite books but I guess I had higher expectations.
1 person found this helpful.

Such a fun book that I had to give it five stars!

One Of Us Is Lying is high up there on my list of favorite books of all time, so I have been anticipating a sequel ever since I read the last page of it in 2017. I read this book in only one or two sittings. There were multiple twists and turns that I was so excited (or seriously, seriously disturbed and shocked) about when Karen McManus revealed them. I love how the characters in this book are written and portrayed, how they look perfect but have many flaws and secrets. Sometimes sequels can be letdowns, but this is one of the best sequels I’ve ever read. Props to Karen McManus for writing such an amazing book (for the third time)!

ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE

I loooooved this book. While it was less spicy (aka less s*xy) than One Of Us Is Lying (in my opinion) there were a lot more curse words. I feel like Karen M McManus did a really good tying this to the first one. I rarely like sequels as much as originals, but I feel like this book lived up to its predecessors' standards, and was ALMOST as good. I rarely read books in a day, and almost never stay up super late at night to finish them, but this is the second time that one of Karen M McManus's books has gotten me to stay up until two am to finish them. However, I will say, there are a few things that should be kept in mind while reading this book: !!!SPOILER WARNING!!! 1) There are a lot of cuss words, the most frequent being f*ck and @ss. One character is called a $lut and w#0re. 2) Close to the beginning of the book, two characters make out behind the bleachers, which I will say is not uncommon in a YA book, even if it's not specifically romance. Later, one of the two tries to force themself upon the other, but the other person does not let them and makes them leave. Two characters share a kiss and almost do it in a kitchen around the middle of the book. This couple shares many a passionate kiss later in the book, including a short make-out session in a car during a 'stakeout' with friends. Near the end of the book, two other characters nearly have s*x. S*x is mentioned several times. 3) One character falls through a roof, and it is later discovered that there was purposeful tampering done to the sight. A bomb goes off closer to the end of the book near a wedding rehearsal. 4) One character gets addicted to drinking and nearly dies of alcohol poisoning. Suicide by pill overdose is mentioned in passing. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the third and final book, One Of Us Is Back, to come out in 2023!

Must Read

Really good book. The Thrilling second novel by Karen M McManus. A few new characters but the area. Very good.

Great story with fun characters