All member reviews for Out of the Easy

Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 5, 2013

Sensual and daring tale of 50's Big Easy

This is an excellent tale for age fourteen and up, who will be able to handle the saucy content like the brothel Jo works at. There are many characters Sepetys juggles with great ease, and character development. Definitely worth a read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. July 11, 2013

ONE OF THE BEST "GROWING UP" STORY EVER!!!

OUT OF THE EASY was just as amazing or better than Ruta Sepetys' first novel. I loved that the setting was in New Orleans and I learned a lot about the time period. The story is well-developed and the actions of all the characters are very real. Because this story is so real, I think it is best for ages fourteen and up. Sepetys creates a realistic world in which romance, sorrow, humor, pain, and an intriguing mystery set the scene for the characters to intertwine. A wonderful read!!!!!!!! One of my recent favorites! ;)
Teen, 16 years old Written byemmybear723 September 9, 2013

Great Book...Age Rank Is Too High

I think that it is important for all kids 10-14 to read this at some point because it really goes the way of telling prostitution is wrong. Josie is an excellent role model because despite being around prostitution her entire life, she is fully against it and aims in the opposite direction. She wants an education. This book is very well written and has a great story. I hate reading and I enjoyed this a lot. (I was 11 when I read it)
Teen, 14 years old Written byediect April 12, 2013

Incredible

I am a 12 year old and I read this book when I saw it came out because I had read between shades of grey, first I have to say that this is an incredible book even though the topic is a little mature I would say that a mature 12 year old can read it if the book is inappropriate then it willbe too hard for this person to read because the reading level of this book is quite high but I have always read above my age reading harry potter in kinder garten and his dark materials at 7 and american girl books at 3 but this is a must read and I can only recommend it. Ps. excuse my spelling and grammer