All teen and kid member reviews for Parrotfish

Teen, 16 years old Written bylunartaiyou April 9, 2008

dont over look the minute things. if your kid is trying to tell you something listen! :) the book was amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert April 14, 2012

Great Book For Everyone

Parrotfish is a great book that is very sweet and very funny. It's a wonderful read for everyone, transgender and cisgender alike.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShannon96 May 1, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byP.Steel January 12, 2010
When I first picked up this book I almost put it down. But I have read many other books by Wittlinger and they all have been extremly good. When I finnished this book I was glad I hadn't quit reading. It gives a positive message about accepting other people, even if they are different from yourself.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypaperclips0021 February 23, 2009

This book was a great read for myself. It was a book that i could easily follow, and could relate too, though i am NOT transgendered. I was able to relate to the thoughts on how Angela/Grady felt about dividing everything, male vs. female, blue vs. pink., and where to play in the pool. I loved how this book showed the feelings and thoughts of her mother and father, and how the school handled such a situation. The mother thought differently about the situation then the father, while the father was fine with it. And the school,oh my. I enjoyed reading about all the drama that happened in the school. About how Grady's best friend left him for a posse of horridly mean girls, the dramatic yet realistic love story that slowly unfolds, and of course the hero, Sebastia. Sebastian is a small teen that becomes Grady's best friend and go-to-man. The ending is happy, which made me enjoy the book even more. And each page had a funny line, that i giggled to myself about. GREAT. AWESOME. WOW.