All member reviews for Perfect

Poignant read perfect for mom-teen girl book club.

Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2009

i loved it

I think it is a must read for mature kids 11 and older. Although, it has a few gross scenes, it is very touching. It is about a girl struggling to overcome bulimia.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTasteTheFailure... August 2, 2009

Loved it(:

I liked it. It was very informative of what hundreds of kids go through.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrissy_g July 28, 2009

OK, I guess...... : I

This book was OK. It just informed you on how to be Bulimic and what to drink so you can Puke better, it gets you thinking about doing that, It was kinda a waist of time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byunperfectgirl August 30, 2010

great for older preteens and teen s even moms would like it

i love it i'm not the thinest or prettist but i find isabelle inspiring to keep your head high even through tough times
Adult Written bynatalie_jill April 9, 2008

A book every mother and daughter should read

As a teacher and former camp counsellor I find this book to be an accurate portrayl of a very serious and common coming-of-age problem. It presents the story of Isabelle Lee, a thirteen-year-old girl who is dealing with some pretty heavy issues. First of all, her father has died and noone in her house is allowed to talk about it, grieve or move on. Because of this, Isabelle tries to deal with the pain of situation on her own. This leads her to numb the pain with bulimia. Her mother finds out and sends her to group where at frist she is hesitant to open up but soon shares her story with her counsellor, Trish. Also at group, she meets Ahsley Barnum, the so-called perfect girl. Ashley intorduces Isabelle to new wasys of dealing with her eating disorder (laxatives). At first, Isabelle admires Ahsley but she soon learns the truth about her new friend's not-so-perfect life. This book deals with the harsh reality of eating disorders, greiving, peer pressure, sibling rivalry, friendship and body image. Friend presents an accurate and bittersweet portrayl of these issues. Because of the vivid description of bulima I would reccomend that a mother and daughter read and discuss this book together.
Adult Written bydreamgirlmaya April 9, 2008

Educator Written bynicolerf14 May 11, 2014

Entertaining and Emotional Story for Some; Bulimia How-To for Others

Proceed with caution. Tweens and teens may be able to relate to Isabelle's feelings about her father, the family dynamic, or Isabelle's tumultuous friendship with Ashley. However, the descriptions of binging and purging are graphic and could be used as a "how-to" for some. I would recommend viewing the documentary "Someday Melissa" along with this book and discussing the effects of bulimia.
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2013

Good Book

I think it's a good book,it show kids that this kind of stuff can be serious and it can show that some families can actually be going through this stuff and that it's some serious stuff.I actually read this book 7 times and am doing my book project on this book.I recommend this book very highly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaitlinlovesyouu May 14, 2012

Disordered Girl!

I think young kids shouldnt be reading this Cause if they thinks there getting fat there gonna eat and make thereself throw up .
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddiejake April 28, 2012

Amazing

This book is very gripping. I've read it 3 times, and every time I read it, it's impossible for me to put down. It shows strength, and perserverance. It shows teens that if you find the problem, you can find the solution. It was an inspiring tale. I loved each and every page.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygwenstefani April 21, 2012

THE BEST BOOK EVER!! :)

It is an awesome book! I reaslly enjoyed it!! It is for girls at age 12 and 13 because there are things that they talk about in the book not for children under the age of 10! but overall it is a 9 out of 10 book!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymikkilynn February 21, 2012

Awesome book powerful and moving

its such a great book and its powerful and moving and i read her other books too and there just as good:)
Teen, 16 years old Written byfinny1 February 1, 2012

The best book ever!

I think Perfect is one of the best books i have read. Yes it has some gross parts but i think you can learn from things like that.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytrustybook November 14, 2011

trustybook

this book is perfet
Teen, 15 years old Written bymorg711 November 6, 2011

Perfect.

Overall the book is really good. It makes you aware of what's out there.I enjoyed it. I think if your child is mature and can handle it....everything should be just fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter July 23, 2011

Really thought provoking

I really liked this book, and it taught me a lot about bulimic girls. It would be a confusing book, if I were younger than about 11, but I really liked it when I read it. I recommend it, but I also recommend that parents discuss the book with the reader. Happy reading! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymariarocx June 12, 2011

Perfect

I think that this is a great book for teens or 13 year old's because it is what they would understand. When they read this story they would understand the issues and the problems that this young lady is going through! I am saying this because i am thirteen and i clearly get the state of what happened to this thirteen yearold and how it affected her life very much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKate.300 April 22, 2011

Really good for teens to learn more about it

I love this book because i never new much about eating disorders,And how much they can harm your body and you.So thank you Natasha
Teen, 14 years old Written byhotterthanyou April 19, 2011

Realistic book for young women

I love this book!!! it shows a girl with an eating disorder in a realistic point of view with actuall problems. Most teen girls do have body image problems, and this shows a troubled girl getting the help she needs.I read this when i was 11 and it showed me that you need to be comftorable with yourself. All teen girls should read this book, it does not glorify eating disordes, it shows the ugly side of them, which girls should know.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypeacefreak84 May 1, 2010

This Stuff s for Real

PERFECT by NATASHA FRIEND made me realize that some kids are actually like this. Young girls have lost their parents and are insecure about their bady image. It is intersting to read along with Isabelle about her struggles with her dad, mom, little sister, and group. Also cheerful when you read about when she does things that she normally wouldn't do. or make progress in her disorder.