All member reviews for Peter and the Starcatchers

A swashbuckling high-seas adventure.

Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2011

amazing book!

this is an amazing book.it tells the story of the classic character "peter pan" before he became the lost boy that so many movies and books are based off of. in the begining he was just an orphan on a ship, if all had gone as planed he would have just been an ignored sevant to an evil king. but things did not go as planned and desteny took peter for a wild ride! there are only a few reasons why i rated this book ages nine and up. number one charaters get into situations that younger children would not understand the importance of. characters also make desicions that would be confusing for young readers . thre are also some mildly scary characters in this novel that include: captian hook ( of course), lord umbra, the shadow thieves, and many more sinister power hungry villians who are all after one thing ;stardust i wont tell you any more about the stuff for fear of ruining the book. the other reason i rated this book nine+ was they use a very wide range of vocabulary though i enjoy long descriptive words lots of kids even my age (12) dont know what they mean, this is a really good book for teens and pre teens even if they just sart reading it for a book report and don't think they'll like it, by the end they'll be dying to read the sequal. this book keept me busy and i ws upset when the series ended becuse i wanted to read more! i have never met any one who didn't like this book adn i hope who ever is reading this will not e the first!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCzechRepGirl March 2, 2011

Peter Pan VS. Peter and The Star Catchers.

I am a very strong Peter fan, and find this book very good, though has room to improve. in the original they say "My parents were planning my growing up so I ran away and never will grow up." not that he was an orphin. other than that and a few bothersome things, I loved it. I am using it for a program to help 7th graders read at a faster and deeper level.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 11, 2011
Read this to my son when he was 8, and he was suitably enthralled. My then-5-year-old-daughter had little interest, though there is a good female lead to engage girls. Barry and Pearson spin a decent adventure yarn, with believable characters and just enough comedy and action to keep things moving without being gratuitous. Here and there, they put in tidbits that allude to the Peter Pan mythology that seem more distracting than prescient. There's some implied violence and broad double entendres, but nothing particularly inappropriate. Overall, a solid read for 8 and up.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

A great adventure story

I thouroughly enjoyed Peter and the Starcatchers. It involves fairies, pirates, wild savages. It was a classic adventure story. A really great adventure story.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2010

it was cute

its a great book but you dont have to waut until u r TWELVE *cough people-down-there-cough* my brother read it at eight and so did i. its cute, but for younger people.
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2009

BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this story but i havent finished it yet.Im on chapter fourty-eight.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDancingmaniac29 August 19, 2009

perfect for kids 8 and up

I think this book was very action packed and made you want to know what happened next!!! I read this book in 6 days because i could not put it down!!!! If you haven't read it buy it or pick it up right now and READ!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2009

Must-READ!!!

my teacher knows im a big reader. so over winter break, she lent my that book, and said "if it's good, tell me. then i'll make it available to all the students."
Adult Written byLiamGlancey May 6, 2009

Not your father's Peter Pan.

There is a certain magic to the original Peter stories because they are, well, magical. Fairies and magic are accepted as real and J. M. Barrie makes no excuses for that. The entire point of this story is that, rather than taking it on faith that these things exist, their origins need to be explained. Not only did this take the fun out of the story but it also left room to catch the abundant spelling and grammatical mistakes. If it had been anything BUT a Peter Pan story I probably would have liked it more. As it is, I feel the two 'versions' clash a bit.

A must read for all Peter Pan Lovers!

THis book was an absolute AMAZING prequel to the world-renowned Peter Pan! I absolutly couldn't put it down. Suprisingly, when I read Peter Pan afterwords, this book was able to answer many of my questions about the book. THank You Dave Barry!
Teen, 14 years old Written byasgman2000@aol.com April 9, 2008

Not bad!

Peter and the Starcatchers is a fun summer read. It's filled with action, adventure, and a few good laughs. This book is one of those books that you know is weird, but it's still fun too read.
Adult Written byerererer April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bytippie April 9, 2008

i love peter and the star catchers

this was such a good book i read with my class we do not usally care for the books my teacher picks out this left us on the ends of are chairs you do not know what is going to happen naxt will peter live,will he rescue molly. it os agood book iloved it so much and so did my class we all pretty much bought the book are class can not wait till we read the next one from,jenks wst intemediate you rock peter

amazing!

This book was vry good! It was suspenseful, exciting and funny. I would recomend this book for ages 10-13. it was an easy read, yet exiting!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoogle April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byFairyturf April 9, 2008

Must Read!!

This book was phenomenal!!! i loved it. I read the first book and it blew me away! it took me two days to read this book and it is now my favorite book along with the 1st book. I would go up to watch TV and i would run back downstairs to read. thats all i would do but anyways, i hope dave and Peter keep writing books! i can't wait for another book to come out! =) over all.....I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

finally! a good fanatasy!!!

fanatasy lovers look no more! a non-plagairistic book is here! though it is claimed a sequel to peter pan, the book has a few added touches! it is rare these days to find a really, and i mean REALLY good fanatasy, with REAL characters. i honestly couldnt put it down. though before you read it to your kids i would be careful, there is some violence, and some sexual content. its a great story, so what i did when reading it to my brother was i skipped those parts, since they really werent needed. one of the best ever!