All member reviews for Peter and the Starcatchers

A swashbuckling high-seas adventure.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDancingmaniac29 August 19, 2009

perfect for kids 8 and up

I think this book was very action packed and made you want to know what happened next!!! I read this book in 6 days because i could not put it down!!!! If you haven't read it buy it or pick it up right now and READ!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2009

Must-READ!!!

my teacher knows im a big reader. so over winter break, she lent my that book, and said "if it's good, tell me. then i'll make it available to all the students."
Adult Written byLiamGlancey May 6, 2009

Not your father's Peter Pan.

There is a certain magic to the original Peter stories because they are, well, magical. Fairies and magic are accepted as real and J. M. Barrie makes no excuses for that. The entire point of this story is that, rather than taking it on faith that these things exist, their origins need to be explained. Not only did this take the fun out of the story but it also left room to catch the abundant spelling and grammatical mistakes. If it had been anything BUT a Peter Pan story I probably would have liked it more. As it is, I feel the two 'versions' clash a bit.
Adult Written byhelenessister April 9, 2008

We haven't had this much fun in a long time

I read this book aloud to my two children (8 and 11). The chapters are short and fast paced. Each night we would read two or three chapters before bed. (with a lot of begging for more) The characters are well developed and the pirate dialect is fun to read aloud. We were all laughing out loud. Some times the action was so exciting I couldn't get the words out fast enough. We enjoyed trying to figure out, as we were reading how it was connecting to Peter Pan. We were sad when it came to an end. We miss the characters . . . the good ones and the bad ones!

A must read for all Peter Pan Lovers!

THis book was an absolute AMAZING prequel to the world-renowned Peter Pan! I absolutly couldn't put it down. Suprisingly, when I read Peter Pan afterwords, this book was able to answer many of my questions about the book. THank You Dave Barry!
Adult Written byluckey April 9, 2008

Great Adventure

I bought the audio book for this one. I listened to it first, and then later my two boys (7 and 9) listened on the last road trip. They didn't want to get out of the car and every time we got in the car they wanted to listen to more. that should speak for its self, 7 and half hours of listening. It sure helped pass the time in the car.

Teen, 14 years old Written byasgman2000@aol.com April 9, 2008

Not bad!

Peter and the Starcatchers is a fun summer read. It's filled with action, adventure, and a few good laughs. This book is one of those books that you know is weird, but it's still fun too read.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written byerererer April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bytippie April 9, 2008

i love peter and the star catchers

this was such a good book i read with my class we do not usally care for the books my teacher picks out this left us on the ends of are chairs you do not know what is going to happen naxt will peter live,will he rescue molly. it os agood book iloved it so much and so did my class we all pretty much bought the book are class can not wait till we read the next one from,jenks wst intemediate you rock peter

amazing!

This book was vry good! It was suspenseful, exciting and funny. I would recomend this book for ages 10-13. it was an easy read, yet exiting!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoogle April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byFairyturf April 9, 2008

Must Read!!

This book was phenomenal!!! i loved it. I read the first book and it blew me away! it took me two days to read this book and it is now my favorite book along with the 1st book. I would go up to watch TV and i would run back downstairs to read. thats all i would do but anyways, i hope dave and Peter keep writing books! i can't wait for another book to come out! =) over all.....I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

finally! a good fanatasy!!!

fanatasy lovers look no more! a non-plagairistic book is here! though it is claimed a sequel to peter pan, the book has a few added touches! it is rare these days to find a really, and i mean REALLY good fanatasy, with REAL characters. i honestly couldnt put it down. though before you read it to your kids i would be careful, there is some violence, and some sexual content. its a great story, so what i did when reading it to my brother was i skipped those parts, since they really werent needed. one of the best ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytintin_in_arcata April 9, 2008

Dave Barry?

you'd think that Dave Barry (or anyone) would screw up a prequel to Peter Pan, but this book is actually quite wonderful. Dave Barry does sneak some iffy things in there every so often, but I think Ridley Pearson kept things under control. This is an adventurous read, filled with action, humor, and well developed characters. I actually think that it is better than the official Sequel to Peter Pan (Peter Pan in Scarlet). 5 stars from me!
Adult Written bycalla.lilly April 9, 2008

Amazingly good stuff!!

You always worry about books like these. But I was pleasantly surprised. It's well written. The story picks up quickly and holds your interest. All those questions we had as kids reading Peter Pan are finally answered! The slightly questionable material IMO isn't really an issue. The naked mermaid isn't described, and it was from the point of view of a shocked young boy. It's a pirate book....of course they are drinking....they are the bad guys. Sword fighting...again...pirates... And yes he gets his hand chopped off. We knew that was gonna happen, how else would he become Cap'n Hook?!?! All of that is done in the least graphic way possible. I was really impressed! I definitely reccommend these books!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008