All member reviews for Peter and the Starcatchers

A swashbuckling high-seas adventure.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytintin_in_arcata April 9, 2008

Dave Barry?

you'd think that Dave Barry (or anyone) would screw up a prequel to Peter Pan, but this book is actually quite wonderful. Dave Barry does sneak some iffy things in there every so often, but I think Ridley Pearson kept things under control. This is an adventurous read, filled with action, humor, and well developed characters. I actually think that it is better than the official Sequel to Peter Pan (Peter Pan in Scarlet). 5 stars from me!
Adult Written bycalla.lilly April 9, 2008

Amazingly good stuff!!

You always worry about books like these. But I was pleasantly surprised. It's well written. The story picks up quickly and holds your interest. All those questions we had as kids reading Peter Pan are finally answered! The slightly questionable material IMO isn't really an issue. The naked mermaid isn't described, and it was from the point of view of a shocked young boy. It's a pirate book....of course they are drinking....they are the bad guys. Sword fighting...again...pirates... And yes he gets his hand chopped off. We knew that was gonna happen, how else would he become Cap'n Hook?!?! All of that is done in the least graphic way possible. I was really impressed! I definitely reccommend these books!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I guess I'm just too old

I was really disappointed with this book. I loved Peter Pan and its sort of poetic, never-stop style of writing that Barry was able to do. It was sort of like a child telling someone about an adventure. This book is written in the style that some adults seem to think that kids will find easy to read. I found it boring and bereft of the power Peter Pan had to make a person believe in the story. Peter Pan made me feel like a little kid. Peter and the Starcatchers was just a book.

I was AMAZED!!!!!

Peter and the starcatches is a very good book. It talks about how Peter and Molly search an island looking for starstuff. They fight off an evil captain named Black Stache, an angry mob of Savages, Capatain Slank, and a very angry Crocodile. This book will surprise you. It is full of mystierious, adventour and MORE!!!!!!!!!!! I think you would love this book
Teen, 14 years old Written bydolphindreamer April 9, 2008

A great twist on Peter Pan!

I personally like this book better than the original Peter Pan story. Its exciting and kids 9+ will love it. Its also a real page turner!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCountry Girl4571 April 9, 2008

Its a pirates life for me

I loved this book. The moment you opened the page action and adventure started...I got soooo into it I didnt want to ever out it down. I would recommend this book to grades 7 and up. It takes a lil while to read but its a great and action packed book....it does have the pirates drinking a lil but we all no thats normal for them. But over all I would totally recommend that you read this book and soon!!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

You HAVE to read this!

This incredible epic tale explains a lot of things that you never knew about peter pan and what makes this even beter is its a trilogy! the next book is peter and the secret of rundoon I loved that too (sorry if this is hard to understand!)