All member reviews for Peter Pan

This classic works best as a read-aloud.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytintin_in_arcata April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

timeless. i love it more every time i read it.

peter pan is among my most treasured comfort books (where most people have comfort food, i have comfort books because, well, I'm just funny that way). j.m. barrie has a sense of humor that at times is so dry it reminds me of lemony snicket but at the same time is just so innocently fun and happy. peter pan has some elusive element of fairy dust in it- it soars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPee C April 9, 2008

i slepted every time i was reading the book.

most boring book ever.
Parent Written byartexas2012 July 16, 2013

Warning: the book is DIFFERENT from the Disney movie

(Spoiler Alert) I read this out loud to our family on the way to Disney World. I had to do some verbal editing as I read because there are a variety of things that I did not want to read to my 8 year old. There are words used that did not seem appropriate for children. The other word for donkey is used more than a handful of times. It describes Tinkerbell wearing a negligee. It also has a LOT of violence, describing killing and other villainous acts. I know it is a classic, but I just want to warn other parents that this is not the same story that Disney tells us. I completely skipped the half-page near the end where it describes how Tinkerbell is dead... I think that would have devastated my daughter! Also, Peter Pan is really not very likable in the book - he is very self-centered and sort of an anti-role model.
Parent of a 9 year old Written by27554 November 29, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire November 30, 2012

Did Not Meet my Expectations

After seeing the animated Disney movie of this I figured that the book would be really good. The book did not meet my expectations. It was a good book but slow. Peter Pan was overly arrogant and annoying and Tinkerbell cusses (the b-word is used toward Wendy). Not wonderful but still a classic that everyone needs to read.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShi Shi June 6, 2011

Favourite fairytale ever!

I read this book when I was 7, but reread it when I was 13. It is a wonderful book full of imagination, innocence and my initial reaction to it 8 years ago was that I wanted Peter Pan to come. Even reading it 2 years ago, the book makes me smile as the characters, fantasy and story describe every single person's childhood. It really portrays the heartlessness we used to see things with and the beautiful imagination every one of us owned or still owns.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

When I read this book, I wished I had read it sooner!

I cry every time I read the end of Peter Pan. This book has everything good in it! Perfect read-aloud: you'll enjoy it just as much as your children!
Teen, 14 years old Written byamish May 21, 2010
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySandra Higgs June 6, 2009

1 book a day for Dosemond

I really don't know yet, because the review of the book has not been sent so I can let my child read it.I came to this web site so he could become more knowledgeable in his writing skills. thanks
Adult Written bypeterpanfreak April 9, 2008

What a sweet Book!

Wow. Peter Pan is a wonderful book and a must-read classic. I really enjoyed it but if you want to delve deeper into Peters life, dont read "Peter Pan in Scarlet", (the "official sequel, but is absolutely horrid, boring, slow, and stupid, a complete waste of paper). You should read "Peter and the starcatchers and the sequel "peter and the shadow thieves"
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincessKatie April 12, 2015

Amazing, might bore kids

This is an amazing story, but reflective of the era in which it was written. Don't worry too much about content, but the language used can make it a long, boring read for young kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoneserin February 11, 2012

best book for kids

i thik its a great story for little kids to have told by there parents over and over again
Teen, 14 years old Written bygilly_boy January 6, 2012

AMAZING!

I've read this book twice and is still good. Peter Pan is my favorite charactor! Who wouldn't want to be this kid? It's noted that they've been away for a while but it's a book. The naraitor actuilly says that he/she can't decide which adventure to tell. And since it's a book, why not tell the whole story of what happened? Read the book and at one part it lists the different adventures it wants to tell but chooses only two and see what I mean. I say it's okay for little kids because they don't really pay attention to the voilence, I certainly never did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byprincess4ever December 26, 2011

my review on peter pan

this book is good but it uses bad langue that shouldn`t be used this book dose not set the right kind of exmaple for child because of he tells the children that they should play and not work
Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008

Simply a classic.

"Peter Pan" has always been a favorite as far as the classic children's stories go. This {story} is great for children of all ages. Teenagers and adults will continue to find new meaning in this timeless story. Something everyone can relate to.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008