All member reviews for Pretty Face

Bellisimo book about body image, Italian style.

Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2011

Amazing!

I am in love with this book! I am 11 years old which might seem a bit young to read a book like this but it barely describes the inappropriate parts. I found this book at my local library and am planning on buying a copy of my own soon. The book is about a teenager having a hard time believing she is beautiful until she visits Umbria, Italy. She learns to change her whole view on herself and the way she sees things and meets a boy whom she falls in love with. I highly recommend this book. Buy it!
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2011

I LOVE IT! its entertaining and interesting. i would also recommend for mature kids to read this book. although im going 12 i really dont mind about it ;) i would ALSO wish to eat the serious kiss! I bet its going to be a honourable book !
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2010

Suraya's Review on Pretty Face

It's a great book to read if your child is mature =) i am turning 12 in October 31, 1998 and i already know about these situations so i am appropriate to read this...also, i am in 7th grade..
Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2009

It was ok.

It was ok.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2009

Loved it!

I loved this book! The message, the writing skills and the characters are heart warming and draw you in. I recommend reading this for anyone twelve or up with certain acceptances because very briefly and not at all in an vulgar way the main character makes love to her summer boyfriend, it is not described except for the kissing but a couple of twelve year olds may find it non appropriate. The book was very very good and I'd recommend it to everyone fourteen and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written by1corinthians June 11, 2012

Loved the book!

I really liked the book. Sends some positive thinking, other than the *SPOILER* part where she makes love before marriage. I really don't like that.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2011

LOVED IT !!!!!

i loved it i read the whole book in two days non-stop its so sad it made me cry at the end i just wanted to keep on reading it i was sad when it ended
Teen, 13 years old Written bysojay May 20, 2011

Average book

It was overall a good book
Adult Written byJadiiepooh April 28, 2011

i am an 18 year old young adult it was a PERFECT BOOK! not suitable for ages 15 and younger
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!1

I read this book and I LIVE IT!! Best book in the WHOLE WORLD!!! Plus im only 11 yrs old!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. July 5, 2010

Amazing views on body and lifestyle!

This was an amazing take on body image! I loved how it wasn't "Go on a diet, NO junk food" and it wasn't "Exercise, exercise, EXERCISE!", it was a well rounded view on a healthy lifestyle, with a healthy relationship, healthy eating and exercise, and healthy takes on things like stress. It's also a great book to show that teens WILL be seen as more then that funny gal when they're ready, and that being thin won't change that. I loved how Hayley was such a different person after Italy, I couldn't put it down because it was a such a great read, with such great characters and role models, plus with great views on being healthy, even if you're not a blonde, size 2 supermodel.
Teen, 16 years old Written byShellyAnn2010 March 7, 2010

I really Loved this book. It really helped me think about my body, not judging my self as being just fat. As me being myself and not thinking that i am. A lot of my family members always tell me im beautiful and i just say thanks and in my head im like ew. But this book is a wonderful and i wouldn't mind reading more.
Adult Written byStephyperrigo February 24, 2010

i love this book it was very good. it made me realize there is more beauty than just a pretty face.