Would-be princesses show grit, wisdom in empowering tale.

Teen, 13 years old Written byppriscillahot July 9, 2009
its a nice book, it teaches to be patient, and treat people the way you want to be treated
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissylynn June 4, 2009

good book

a really good book!:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bykathysmurf February 12, 2009

I don't know how I lived without knowing " Princess Academy". It is an wonderful book.
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2008

First of all, what the title said. Second of all, THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!! My Mom has read most of all the books that S.H. has written, but this one is the BEST!!! Miri, the Story's main characture, is very brave, loyal, and full of ideas.This is a must read book for every girl 8+. Shannon Hale discribes EVERY detail! THIS IS MY FOVORITE BOOK EVER!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjshalishia April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfastripe April 9, 2008

Great story for fourth and fifth grade girls.

This book is good for fourth and up grades. Maybe third.

good book

you should read this book it is not so hard but it is good for 3grade or 4th grade it is almost so real and lot of things happen in this book !!!!!!! so you should read it! it is sooooooooooooooooooooo good!=]
Teen, 13 years old Written byfliptastic818 April 9, 2008

A Must Read Book

This book got me right into the story right away! You can picture everything! Hale put's in good description but still, leaves you thinking! Hale has a good plot in this story and you can really get into the charcter's shoes. This book is must read book!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysoccergirl8 April 9, 2008

Must read book for 10- 12 year olds

This book was a great book! Go get this book it is super! My children loved it!
Adult Written byMCEMOM April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bytarnished-roses April 9, 2008

A-must read book for all girls and/or fantasy lovers

This is an amazing book!!! I read it with my Literature Cirle at school. It was so much fun...while we ate we would talk about the book for as long as possible and still want to talk! It was well-written and exciting, with a touch of romance. I've read a lot of books and that was one of my favourites! You need to read the book. The beginnings a little confusing but then it's great. So go to the library or borrow it from a friend, please!

I thought the title was bad but don't judge a book by it's cover.

I loved the details, though this is more of a girl book than a boy's, notice the name.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

This book is awsome!!! Maybe even as awsome as Harry potter!

I could not put this book down it is one of those books where you are sad you are done and you wish it could be real! I really felt like i was in the book too!Every kid has to read this book its a good book. Its sad and sweet at the same time..... I think i will read it again! So bye i need to get started reading the most awsome book(besides harry potter) again!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysingingsuperstar2120 April 9, 2008

A Good Book

This book is pretty good. It is about a 14 year old girl named Miri, who lives in her tiny and poor village of Mount Eskel. The people of Mount Eskel make their living by getting linder from the quarry. The King from one of the kingdoms below the mountain says that the new princess will come from Mount Eskel. So, all of the girls from Mount Eskel between the ages of 11 and 17 are to go to a princess academy to learn to become more lady like and to be educated. The village is tiny, so only about 15 girls go to the academy. But soon, something awful happens to the academy and Miri saves them all. 1) Social behavior is iffy on this one because Miri is sort of an outcast. She is very petite, and her father does not allow her to work in the quarry. She thinks her father does not allow her to work in the quarry because she is so small, but that is not the truth. So, Miri is alone nearly all day because everyone is working in the quarry. The people of Mount Eskel are very nice to her, but Miri worries she is a burden. 2) Violence is a bit of an issue because some bandits take over the academy and try to kidnap the future princess for a ransom. Miri is taken hostage when help arrives, and she is nearly thrown off the mountain. Also, her father kills the badit with his mallet, but detail on this is not given. This is a very good book. It is an easy read, but it really says a lot. It is not boring at all, although kids as young as 10 could read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A must read book for girls 10-13 years old.

The book was awesome and I would read this book again. This a fantasy book that takes you on an adventure and if you haven't read this book I definitely rocommend it.

Great book!

Princess Academy is a great book that is about a girl named miri, who discovers that even though she is small, she is strong inside. The "quarry speech" thing confused me, so I think that readers should be at least eight or nine.