All member reviews for Princess Ben

Bewitching tale with a refreshingly real heroine.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

It was O.K.

I thought this book was a big disapointment, considering her other two books were amazing...i would definately reccomend Dairy Farm and The Off Season (her other books) more than this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKristeeni September 17, 2011

Great Read!

I think this is a great book and didnt really find anything extremely negative about. Generally, it doesnt deal with too much of the heavy stuff. There is some violence, but the author does not describe it in a way that is overly gory. I read this book about a year ago and i still remember almost every detail of it...just talking about it makes me want to pick it up again!
Teen, 17 years old Written bynewmillenium January 8, 2011

A clever find for readers of all ages

I loved this book! It felt like a classic fairy tale with modern attitude. The main character isn't perfect and her flaws are very relatable. She is a great role model for girls because she doesn't aim for the beauty and popularity of today. Overall, the story was very clever and I enjoyed reading every minute of it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 March 25, 2010

good!!

great!
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bylady of the library March 11, 2010

Fairy tale fun

This was on our "young adult" list, but I don't know why as I found nothing objectionable. It was slow starting, but I ended up enjoying it. The themes are good, but the "voice" was a bit annoying to me.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLetsbebalenced January 24, 2010

good read for mid to older teens

I found this book a very exciting and unusual read.I only had a problem with one part, when a friend of the prince talks about his lover and her bed. Its not graphic and only hints but it's still wrong. Only children who fully understand why, and believe. that you shouldn't have premarital sex, should read this.. There were a lot of words that I didn't recognize so if your planning to read this keep a dictionary at hand. I loved it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byglamgirlsg November 9, 2009

I really loved this book. I thought that it was perfectly funny and serous at the same time
Parent of an infant, 2, and 7 year old Written byPaaru September 17, 2009

Great for girls of any age

I thought this book was fantastic. An enjoyable fantasy novel and coming of age story, the main character is strong, yet easy to identify with and matures a lot throughout the story. It also incorporates strong messages about positive body image, maturity, and understanding others, without over-emphasizing them to the point of being annoying. The story has a decent amount of plot twists, a good portion of humour, and some exciting adventure. And I can't say how much I enjoyed having a female main character who stands up for herself, but at the same time, can admit when she's wrong and tries to do better. I bought this book for my neice, but I fell in love with it myself. I'd reccomend this for girls of any age.