All member reviews for Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan

Teen, 17 years old Written byEliasador April 27, 2011

Breathtakingly Brilliant!!!!

It is the spectacular kickoff to one of the best series that I have read in a few years. I have just finished the fourth one and I loved it. I can't stop thinking about. I NEED the next one!!!! I cannot rest until I have the next one!!!! The only reason I am writing this review is because I do not have the fifth one at my fingertips. If I had it, I would be curled up on the couch until I had read it cover to cover, for these books are nearly impossible to put down.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBluegillkid January 26, 2011

This book rocks

It is a good way to get kids to read or to continue reading
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2011

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best book ever I can't think of a reason why someone would hate this book. I usually hate reading but I finished this book in one day Other recommended series by me are the percy jackson series, the underland chronicles, the hunger games troligy, the kane chronicles, and the heros of olympus, and the diary of a wimpy kid series
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010

hate the BOOK
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover123m December 14, 2014

Awesome Characters and plot.

I love this book!!!!! It is a quick read but is in a fairly long series, Definitely recommended.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockbinder September 12, 2011

The Best Book I Ever Read!!!

I actually read this book by accident. I was searching for some other book and found this one, I found the cover interesting so I started reading it. After I read it, I highly recommend this to those who don't believe in themselves, or are always getting bullied. This book will teach them to sometimes rely on other and always believe in one's self.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheMythologyGeek May 9, 2011

Perfect for all ages!

Amazing book! I am now reading the ninth, and almost finished. John does use the 'D- word' several times, but it's not too bad. The messages are very good. Although, the book can be a bit over detailed. But he is Australian so it's as expected(they're like british is their writing, stretching it out a bit). But over all amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLil'Fires2001 September 28, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!

Just finished reading the entire series for the second time. I really enjoyed the first book because it was very intriguing. Ruins of Gorlan caught my attention and got me really into the book, constantly keeping me on the edge of my seat. Whether or not someone likes the book is completely up to taste in books. all throughout the series, there was not ONE boring moment for me. Every kid (adults too) should read at least the first book.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2014

Best book ever!!!!!!!!

I think this is a great book for kids who are into medieval time and like knights and weird creatures. It is not a scary book but it does have war in it.
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2013

THE BEST

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER! well the whole series is.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2013

Gets you hooked the moment you read it!

I love this series! There is mild swearing and a little violent but it is after all the Middle Ages and you would expect a little violence. But other than that it is a wonderful series. I just finished the fifth book and can't wait to finish the series. Halt and the other adults are good role models to the teens. So basically give it a chance and you will be amazed! :D
Teen, 16 years old Written byRollTide0131 March 6, 2013

AWESOME

This book is awesome I read it and it has definitely ranked upon my top ten favorite books list!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2012

Lord of the Rings like fantasy

Review by rsm2. Great fantasy story that feels like lord of the rings. Lots of violence but to good to miss. A must read for fantasy lovers!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychloerox27 March 7, 2012

Ranger's Apprentice!

This is a great start to an amazing series! I'm just starting the 10th book and I can't put it down. Other than a little swearing and a little violence, this is a great book for kids and adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written byclosowski January 20, 2012

Appropriate for all ages indeed

I have read all the books of this series available in my library(1-10), and all that I believe were published, and personally i truly believe It's one of the best and most interesting series of all times. And once reader settles in with this first book he'll(or she) will be literary addicted to read the rest. I even think these series are as good as Harry Potter series or in some aspects even better ! Enjoy! ;D
Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2012

The best books ever

I loooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee these books i loved them so much i read all the books two times. These are my favorite books in the whole world. This is a great book for kids. I love it so much that i cannot say anything more. It will leave you speechless.The book is that good
Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2011

ok

its a slow read but interesting. the books after this one are a lot better though.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

Jaw Dropping Brilliance

I have only read the first book of this outstanding series and already i'm hooked. You are always on the edge of your seat and i have found now that i am 'addicted' to the books. It has a great story line and has lots of positive messages. If you love this book like me i recommend Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda, Guardians of Ga'Hoole by Kathryn Lasky and Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer. Spectacularly Brilliant! Go John Flanagan!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicPerson June 26, 2011

Flanagan is really cool

This book is perfect for children! It has a few cursing, and it's kind of violent, but it will get you hooked and begging for a sequel. An awesome book!