All member reviews for Rats Saw God

Funny high school novel reveals tender truths.

Teen, 13 years old Written by1402069 May 25, 2009

...

Okay, so I read this book this year. It was a very good book, but it was definately not age appropriate for me. Sex is talked about, along with a teacher having sex wtih another student. Drugs talked about. Not age appropriate.
Adult Written byblissfullygone March 24, 2010

I read this book when i was a little bit younger then 15 i wont lie. But to be honest, i loved this book, in fact its one of my favorites. Or rather, it is my favorite. It touches some sketchy subjects sure, but its no worse then what bullcrap you see on tv now anyways. All this sensitizing, and idealistic bull that teenagers cant understand sex, drugs, and infedelity is retarded.
Adult Written bywinfall April 9, 2008

Trash!

Hard to believe CSM's review says OK for 14 year olds!! Lots of teen drug and alcohol use. Step-by-step instructions for teen foreplay. Long detailed description of a character buying condoms and having sex for the first time.
Adult Written bycranteach February 5, 2009

well-written, but disturbing

Parents should know that a teen character in this book has sex with a teacher, and there are no visible conseqeuences for the adult. That was really disturbing to me, and I would want to talk to even an older teen about the issues that that raises.
Teen, 15 years old Written byQWolf April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byBammey February 10, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byj_yuso August 13, 2010

Funny, quirky, but better for older kids

I really enjoyed this book. It was on my summer school reading list, which shocked me due to all of the sexual references it makes, but it had a great message and I fell in love with the characters.
Adult Written byluccaflspuss April 9, 2008