All teen and kid member reviews for Reached

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus February 20, 2013

Really good!

I think this is the best book of the series. I didn't really like, and wasn't really that into Matched or Crossed, but I liked this book. The author did a very good job in finishing off the trilogy with a solid conclusion. The best part of this book was definitely the ending, especially the last 50 or so pages. Good read for young teens and up!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 January 12, 2014

It's Aright...

The last installment in the Matched Trilogy is okay. It was around the same level as Crossed, which was okay, but not as good as Matched, the best out of them all. There seems to be more focus on the cure and the Plague as opposed to the overall rebellion against the Society, which disappointed me. Nevertheless, though, the conclusion was satisfying enough. Violence: Many characters are infected by the plague and end up very sick or dying. Sex: Some romance between Ky and Cassia and Xander and another girl, Lei. A little kissing takes place, but it's not graphic. Language: "D*mn" is used at least once.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybella335940 December 12, 2012

I DIDNT LIKE IT

the book was lame! i expected an awesome conclusion and amazayn romance but all i got were two kisses and a plain and unoriginal ending. Stick to twilight or HG there much better! or try Divergent by Veronica Roth!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ May 27, 2013

Satisfying Conclusion!

Along with Cassia and Ky, we now see Xander's point of view about things. The alternate narration can be a little choppy. However, Reached was just as satisfying as Matched, with questions answered and a solution accomplished. POSITIVE MESSAGES Reached shows that words are powerful. You can encourage or bring someone down. You can inspire, or turn people way. Creativity is important to who we are as human beings. POSITIVE ROLE MODEL Cassia, Ky, and Xander are great role models. All three desire to do the right thing, and struggle with the Rising's methods. We add Xander to the mix, and he remain optimistic throughout. VIOLENCE The Rising introduces a plague that goes horribly wrong and mutates. SEXUAL CONTENT Kissing. At one point, one character makes crude comments about Indie (we aren't told exactly what he says). Condie kept Cassia and Ky's relationship simple and innocent, which is how it should be. LANGUAGE A few cases of "someone swore" and d**n. DRINKING None. OVERVIEW The conclusion of Reached left no questions left unanswered, and begs for Ally Condie to hopefully come out with another series!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreamer98 December 14, 2012

The last book to this trilogy was amazing!

This was a satisfying conclusion to one of my most beloved series. The first book, Matched, after reading I wanted to dislike it. This was because it had embedded in it so many concepts from The Giver by Louis Lowry. But it was awfully hard to dislike it because it was just so beautifully written that I just couldn't help it, so I succumbed to the temptation and read the second book, Crossed. It was all that I hoped and when I had heard that Reached was written and on the shelves I immeadiatley put a hold on it at the library. This book followed Xander's, Cassia's and Ky's stories. It shows how Ky and Cassia's love stays strong and grows even over a long distance. It also deals with Xander's unrequited love for Cassia and how he becomes a man while taking care of people who had contracted the plague and finding his own way without the society. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I would definitley recommend it to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense November 30, 2013

LOVED IT! But language and violence are an issue.

OK, so trust me. I still absolutely LOVED this one, but language IS a factor here! About halfway through the book, this old wise dude comes in. EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER WITH HIM IN IT SAYS THE D WORD!!!! AND IT'S ALL HIM! (Excluding like once when it's Ky.) Cassia is a REALLY good role model in this one, stronger than ever. It gets really sad though, so if you or your child cry easily or get REALLY into the book you might want to skip it. There is medical things in it (kinda goes along with violence) so if it gets to be too much about halfway through just drop the book or skim everything else. It gets really dramatic and scary.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygilly_boy June 27, 2013

Cassia has changed a bit.

It was okay, not really what I had expected. Nothing really caught my eye though. Well expcept for one part where there's an art studio *spoiler.* I liked this better than the last one because Cassia isn't as much as an airhead like she was last time. This time her concern has more of a reason to it and she can think straight more often. It fact, compared to the last book, it seems they're not exactly the same character as before.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjujube14 May 28, 2014

Reached

It was a pretty good conclusion to the series and worth reading. It focused almost entirely on curing a mutation of a plague. It also dealt with the issue of new people in power of the nation. (spoiler alert- I kinda wish Indie hadn't kissed Ky but I guess their relationship was a unique one)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockenizzy January 5, 2014

A really good book

I loved this book it was easy to read and interesting to. I know alot of my friends and I have a hard time finding good books to read But this is a really good series.