All parent member reviews for Ready Player One

Parent of a 5, 8, and 12 year old Written byEmily55555 November 21, 2015

Tech nerds will absolutely love it

I read this and it has a lot of language that is inappropriate for most tweens. Also has sexual content not described in this review. Masturbation and other references. Who will love this book: people who lived in the 80's or want to learn about video game and pop culture history. Nice friendship message at end.
Parent Written byKateM 4 January 4, 2016

80s geek fest that appeals to teens too

All of our family enjoyed this book a lot, it's a fun read with a good plot and engaging characters. Maybe British people swear more than those in the US, but I can't imagine any UK child of secondary age (11/12 upwards) being in the least disturbed by the language used in this book.
Adult Written byseequinn April 2, 2016

Thought provoking and nostalgic.

Entertaining read with themes that reminded me of 1984 (Orwell). Very rich in popular culture from the 1980's (music, film, video games and more). A wonderful book that has made me and everyone I've recommended it to remember why I/they love reading and makes you what to immediately read more like it (great for someone who hasn't picked up a book in a while) There is a small section that discusses masturbation, but it's quite educational. The audio book - voiced by Wil Wheaton - is also fantastic.
Parent Written byHUGOMANHD October 6, 2015

Great For geeky kids who love technology.

A great story my son tells me, it dose have some Curseing here and there But I think it's ok because I read half-way until I got a bit board but overall a great Story, just tell your child to NEVER reapeat the language.