All teen and kid member reviews for Rules

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010

BAD! WHATS THE BIG DEAL!

i honestly don't get what is the big deal over this book i mean it's so boring. All it has is a boring story with a list of rules. Don't waste your money!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2011

What will Catherine do?!

I think that Cynthia Lord did a really good job making such a big deal into a loose, easy going, fun novel. It can make you laugh at times and sometimes frown. I really felt hate for Catherine, and that's good! Catherine always wanted a friend, and she gets what she wants! Her friend is pretty, and she can't help to feel compared. Her little brother has autism, and she finds that embarrassing. There's Jason, Ryan, and her mom and dad! Catherine wants to make friends with her neighbor, but is her neighbor nice, or using her? Does jason have a sweet crush on her? What will Ryan do next!? Catherine wants attention, what will she ever do?!
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2010

i read it with my class and every body in my class loved it so read & enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2012

Awesome!!Book. Not.Stinks a big one!!!

Awesome book! It tells about a girl who has to deal with her brother who has autism. Trying to fit in with her new normal neighbor is hard with her brother around ruining everything. Being good friends with a boy from Catherine's brothers OT ( Occupational Therapy) might be much better then friends with her next door neighbor who is friends with a big jerk at her school.
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2011

GREAT BOOK!

I just finished this AMAZING book and i absolutely LOVED it! I could even kind of relate to Catherine. It sends out great messages and there was not ONE time in the book where I was bored! If I had to be concerned about ANYTHING I would say there is the tiniest bit of romance (a 12 yr old girl goes to a dance with a 14 yr old boy and there is some EXTREMELY mild flirting) Anyone under 10 could read it but I think kids from 10-14 would understand Catherine and her feelings more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy Autistic Brother March 24, 2010

My little brother ( :

I Love this book! It really touches me. Because I am an older sister(14) Of an Autistic Brother. Who is 7 years old. All the stuff David does Reminds me of my brother. Well except for the talking part.
Kid, 11 years old October 11, 2009

Unpositive messages for 9 year olds

i think that it has some misleading "rules" for younger children. EX: leaving out isnt the same as lying....
Teen, 14 years old Written byemmers2000 January 21, 2012

BEST Book Ever!!!

I love this book. I have a brother with Autism so it was nice to know that im not alone.
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2011

Hi!

I think that it is a very nice and interesting book that I would love to read again. However, I can't find the climax in the book that is the only problem!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :P :D XD
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

perfect for tweens

is a pretty good book I like how Catherine the main character always tried to stick up for David her brother with autism even when she was sort of frustrated and she was really nice to Jason a boy who goes to her brothers occupational therapy “OCT” who is not able to talk and he has a communication book . Catherine likes to draw and during “OCT” Miss Morehouse Jason’s mom catches Catherine drawing a picture of Jason and than she asks Catherine to draw a picture for some of the communication book. It sends a great message and I would think tweens would like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymayy17 January 3, 2010

perfect for children of all ages

one of the best books ive read in a while.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2010

perfect for older kids

i think that this is a good book i read it twice
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoshhklee November 20, 2008

A touching yet thrilling story about a girl with a brother who always get in trouble.

This book is about a girl named Catherine who wishes she had a normal brother. Her brother David, has autism. So he does not understand life as other people do. She has a friend who has just moved to her next door. But a friend who is dating her worst enemy. A boy who is in a wheelchair and can't speak who has a crush on her. And an overworked father who she thinks does not care a single bit about.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byshoeman March 5, 2014

ChickensRcool

Good
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2013

Great Book About Kids With Special Needs

This is a great book for kids. I read it with my fourth grade class last year, and loved it! Rules is a great educational book because it teaches about kids with autism and also, physically disabled. Catherine is a positive role model because she is nice to her brother, David, who has autism, and makes friends with Jason, a fifteen year old boy who can't walk and can't speak. I think kids five and under won't really understand this book, so don't read it to your child unless their six and up.
Kid, 2 years old February 22, 2013

Bleck

Its awful
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2012

not the best one out there

I think this was very disappointing. There are a bunch of books about kids with autistic siblings out there, and this definitely does not win the prize. It has very little emotion, doesn't focus on autism enough, and moves both too fast and too slow. Not worth reading.
Kid, 9 years old February 2, 2012

LOVE IT PLEASE READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg! if u read this book you can not even put the book down its that good
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoop1234 January 16, 2012

ok

i think it is ok... it sets a good example for kids, and how not to behave and be so worried about what other people think.