All member reviews for Rules

Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010

BAD! WHATS THE BIG DEAL!

i honestly don't get what is the big deal over this book i mean it's so boring. All it has is a boring story with a list of rules. Don't waste your money!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2011

GREAT BOOK!

I just finished this AMAZING book and i absolutely LOVED it! I could even kind of relate to Catherine. It sends out great messages and there was not ONE time in the book where I was bored! If I had to be concerned about ANYTHING I would say there is the tiniest bit of romance (a 12 yr old girl goes to a dance with a 14 yr old boy and there is some EXTREMELY mild flirting) Anyone under 10 could read it but I think kids from 10-14 would understand Catherine and her feelings more.
Teen, 13 years old Written byab_231 February 11, 2011

it is a simpley an amazing book
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

perfect for tweens

is a pretty good book I like how Catherine the main character always tried to stick up for David her brother with autism even when she was sort of frustrated and she was really nice to Jason a boy who goes to her brothers occupational therapy “OCT” who is not able to talk and he has a communication book . Catherine likes to draw and during “OCT” Miss Morehouse Jason’s mom catches Catherine drawing a picture of Jason and than she asks Catherine to draw a picture for some of the communication book. It sends a great message and I would think tweens would like it.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Great book for kids! Read it!

I think this is a good book because it helps me understand things in a different way than usual.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

Great for kids 9-12.

I think it is great for kids 9-12. It gives kids a look of what atrium is and it treats people who a lot nicer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byweisman3 February 17, 2011

very good messages and lessons to learn for young kids.

It is a very good book. This book was interesting and had an easy messing to send. I think a 12 year old would be a little board. 8+ would really enjoy this book. I did enjoy this book much. It is a very good book to teach young kids how every one is different and that is okay to have a friend in a wheel chair.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDesini June 29, 2011

;D

This book is interesting and also educational :) I loved it just by reading the first 6 pages ;D
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2011

What will Catherine do?!

I think that Cynthia Lord did a really good job making such a big deal into a loose, easy going, fun novel. It can make you laugh at times and sometimes frown. I really felt hate for Catherine, and that's good! Catherine always wanted a friend, and she gets what she wants! Her friend is pretty, and she can't help to feel compared. Her little brother has autism, and she finds that embarrassing. There's Jason, Ryan, and her mom and dad! Catherine wants to make friends with her neighbor, but is her neighbor nice, or using her? Does jason have a sweet crush on her? What will Ryan do next!? Catherine wants attention, what will she ever do?!
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

I L0VE THIS B00K

Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2010

Boring but on the upside good role models. -.-

This story gives off a good message and all but I personaly don't like the author's style of writing. The writing is like, "I walk to the couch" and it's not past tense. There isn't really any big events in this book either. She just means this guy and makes him drawings. THAT'S IT. It makes it NOT interesting.Some people may not agree with me, but that's my opinion with some facts in it. (if that even makes sense.) overall, 8 out of 10. -...-
Teen, 13 years old Written bybubblegumlover December 4, 2011

Great book for any age

The book is great for any age, but it is 200 paages, so it may be too long for young children.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

Rules by cynthia lord

i think it was pretty good, but the character Catherine really bugged me!
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2011

Amazing

loved every page and or word of it a must read
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2011

Hi!

I think that it is a very nice and interesting book that I would love to read again. However, I can't find the climax in the book that is the only problem!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :P :D XD
Teen, 13 years old Written bymayy17 January 3, 2010

perfect for children of all ages

one of the best books ive read in a while.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypanda guy November 17, 2011

panda guy

it ok
Teen, 16 years old Written byneubauera971 June 7, 2011

ME and my family

it is great
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2010

i read it with my class and every body in my class loved it so read & enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshsschoolgyrl May 6, 2010

k

i think it was very educational