All member reviews for Rules

Newbery honoree about life with an autistic sib.

Adult Written byeneriestrella February 3, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For!

I think this book is very educational! I loved this book and for me it's just a new experience. I loved in this book that it teaches you that if you don't always have to have a friend that is able to walk or run, or even a friend that can't speak or hear. like Catherin she has a friend named Jason that you'll learn about in this book he cant walk or speak but she also has a friend that can walk and speak but at the end of the book this girl get's upset that Catherin has a friend that can't walk or run. I would tell you more but i would give the whole story away and I don't want to do that.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysunny3114141425... January 20, 2011

rules

I dont like rules there isnt a paoint of veiw like when the girl is drawing a picture of the boy with autisum and he get upset thats a bad example for my childern!!
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2010

Good for anyone intere

Teen, 13 years old Written bylilbre61455 December 8, 2010

Great book Loved it and i can relate to it too!

My little brother has autism and i can really relate to how Catherine feels i am also twelve and after i read this book i cried because half the stuff Catherine said to David i said to my little brother billy it is the moments in books like this that people can relate to if any of you girls out there with a disabled brother or sister just know they cant help it after a few years things will get better never yell or call them stupid disabled or no they have feelings dont let anyone push them around either let them know they are smart even if its not true :)
Adult Written bygkmrs November 12, 2010

Granddaughter's favorite

Teen, 14 years old Written byjordangunner9 October 28, 2010

Books for 9+

I really like the bok because it has a lot of good messages and I was full of zeal when i read this book. I like how Catherine deals with her brother having Autism. I think that she deals with the situation very well.
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2010

Boring but on the upside good role models. -.-

This story gives off a good message and all but I personaly don't like the author's style of writing. The writing is like, "I walk to the couch" and it's not past tense. There isn't really any big events in this book either. She just means this guy and makes him drawings. THAT'S IT. It makes it NOT interesting.Some people may not agree with me, but that's my opinion with some facts in it. (if that even makes sense.) overall, 8 out of 10. -...-
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2010

Very Touching

I thougt it was very touching and made me realize how easy my little sister is. It gave me mo re respect for people with disabilities.
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2010

Great book

Love this book! Catherine has a brother that she makes rules for in hopes that one day he will be a "normal kid." It is a book that I would read again when I get the chance!-)
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

Interesting story. The girl is a great role model.
Kid, 10 years old May 28, 2010

An OK Story

Catharine goes to her brother OT clinic, and meets a boy named Jason with a speech therapist that he hates.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovefood May 27, 2010

A great story! Perfect for ages over 9

I loved it, so did my daughter. I would definitly give this book a great review. It was a heartwarming story, and definitly rewarding! It will inspire readers to think about others points of views.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshsschoolgyrl May 6, 2010

k

i think it was very educational
Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2010

Educational, and shows that anybody can be your friend.

I love it. I have to do a book report on this. It will be easy since this is a great book!
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2010

Rules

It is a sweet book. Good for lots of young children, but still entertaining for older children.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bystars.1234 February 23, 2010

i love this boo k is the bet i have ever read so far and this shows a lot and means alot
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrinlee February 20, 2010

Perfect for all ages

Kids should understand autism once they are in school they will probably know kids with autism, if you want to read it to younger kids that is good too.
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2009

perfect for ages 10-13 =-)

i like this book! it was very fun to read and i couldn't put it down! i liked the book and how it realates to real life situations. a++++++++++ lol!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBbOoOoKk WwOoRrMm October 18, 2009

Great for anyone 9 and up!!

i LOVED this book! It has a lot of great messages in it, it's very appropriate, no violence, negative messages, bad role models, inappropriate sexual behavior, foul language, noticeable product placement, drinking, drugs or smoking. Very appropriate and educational. It has positive messages and the characters are good role models.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2009

Good for people older than kids (tweens,older kids etc)

Love it. The book is just awsome and I really recomend it.