All member reviews for Rules

Newbery honoree about life with an autistic sib.

Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2009

Perfect for 3rd, 4th, or 5th graders

it is a good book, sad at times though. I liked it and i recomend it to all of my friends. I thought it was weird too!!
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2009

Must read

You must read this book. I don't care what you think but you must buy it. This is a great book and I love the main character. It made me feel really good inside after I read it! Please read this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoshhklee November 20, 2008

A touching yet thrilling story about a girl with a brother who always get in trouble.

This book is about a girl named Catherine who wishes she had a normal brother. Her brother David, has autism. So he does not understand life as other people do. She has a friend who has just moved to her next door. But a friend who is dating her worst enemy. A boy who is in a wheelchair and can't speak who has a crush on her. And an overworked father who she thinks does not care a single bit about.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Great book for kids! Read it!

I think this is a good book because it helps me understand things in a different way than usual.

good book

this is a very good book and i recommend it to children in the age category 9-12. it is very appropriate and in no way questionable. :)Good, easy read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKH88Skate April 9, 2008

For all you books lovers you need to read this book!

Adult Written byaidansmom19 April 9, 2008

Great book

I am studying to be a teacher and I passes this book up to read in high school and now I wish I hadn't. This is a great book to read about family and how strong the bonds are between siblings even if one is autistic.

Must read.

Im really not into small books. but a friend recommended this book. And i enjoyed it. At parts it made me want to cry, but in others frusrated, If i could i would recommend this book to anyone. It's a great book, and you will enjoy it.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Good Story!

I really loved this book! It really described the way kids with brothers or sisters with autism feel(My brother does not have autism, but I think that's the way those kids feel). I think this book would be confusing for younger kids, so, unless your kid is really mature, I don't recommend a kid under 8 or 9 years old.

Read this book! It's great!

I learned about different views of Autism and I learned how people with autism feel about these people. It opened my eyes to disabilities. Thank you, Cynthia Lord!

wow

I luv it, it has an awsome moral and kids can easly relate to Katherine.