All member reviews for Runaway

Homeless at 12; a poignant read for mature teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byolga March 22, 2009

i loved it!!

it was a while since i read it but i want to do a report about it and its due tommorrow!!! so help me !! what are the main charactors?
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2009

3 words: Best. Book. Ever.

This is, in my opinion, the greatest book ever written for teens. It is a story about an abused girl who used to be homeless, living on the streets with her drug-addict mother. When her mother dies, the girl goes into child foster care with two abusive families before she decides she can't take it anymore and runs away when the story starts. She is living on the streets again, and she goes through many scary, heart-wrenching adventures and mishaps before she finally finds a permanent home. This is a beautiful moving story that grabs you after the first page and doesn't let you go until the end. It is well-written and highly addictive, even more so because it is the diary of an 11-year-old girl (like me!) You are practically there with the character as she goes through these experiences. The flashback scenes to when her mom was till alive were the best parts, but also the hardest to read. The only downside was, as common sense mentioned, the story has an unrealistic ending. Also, parents may not be ok with the violence and drug abuse by Holly's mother and boyfriend in the flashbacks, so I reccomend parents read these ahead of time with anyone under 9. Great read for kids 10+ who can handle a mature story Note: Lexalolu must read
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2009

amazing!

this book is so great for kids 11+ i think. it was so good! i couldnt put it down, and was telling my mom the whole story! haha! but one thing i don't understand of the common sense review... how does it have any sex in it?
Parent of a 13 year old Written byReader1107711 September 28, 2009

Perfect for Tweenies & Up.

I loved this book. The violence may be something, But it carries out with a great message. And is a GREAT read.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhannahkathleen11 April 7, 2015

One of the best books that I have ever read!

SERIOUSLY. THE BEST BOOK.
Adult Written bywtfceline October 14, 2014

Excellent

I'm 15 years old. I began reading Runaway when I was in 7th grade (age 12) unfortuantely I checked out the book from my school library 1 week before school ended so I had to return the book the next day. This school year, I am in 10th grade and my teacher has the book. I finished reading it, and I believe the theme has a valuable lesson. I personally enojoyed reading this book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydayonna234 December 15, 2012

great book

i think this book is really great i never read the whole thing because i lost it but i wanted to read the whole thing
Teen, 13 years old Written byjuliessa herrera November 24, 2012

recomending the runaway!

this book is the most wonderful bok i have read in my entire life i am 12 years young and i love to read and have read many books but non like this one.holly is my role model because she is so strong and seems like she can handle anything.this book with make you laugh and cry all at once.runaway is my faviorite book by far!!
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2012

One of the Best Books Ever.

This book is one of my faveriote books ever. It doesn't sugercoat anything like Disney does,It teaches kids survival,and it's just awesome. Sure there is drugs and some violence but i think 14 and up is a little overboard.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTaylor:) March 13, 2012

Runaway.

The language in this book is a little worse than "Pervert" But, Its a good book, read it. I enjoyed reading this book very much my friends said they haven't seen me read so much in my life, because I couldn't keep my nose out of it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboothlexi995 January 5, 2012

omg! i love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a great book to read i loved it and im only 13! great book for MATURE!! kids or teens love this book!!! wish they made series!!! still love this book!!! you should read it!!! imm telling you its a good book and i bet right now you can tell im bored!!!! hahahahahahaa (: love ya!!!!!! <3 soooo im gonna leave now!!! byebye!! still love ya <3 (:
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2011

What I Think...

This book is absolutely AMAZING!!.. I recommend this book to some classmates in school everyday and in fact im reading it right now i luv this book <3 ( even though im only 12 doesn't mean i cant be interested in a good book, i mean isnt that why they are in school libraries?.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAllie(: December 7, 2011

Suitable

This book was one of the best books i have ever read <3 Im in 9 th grade and i think kids under the age of 12 should not read it though because it talks bout drugs and other stuff like that, which isn't appropriate for kids under the age of 12 unless you believe they know about all the necessary information.Also can someone help me with the theme on this book I have a project due tomorrow:P
Teen, 13 years old Written bysqueen November 1, 2011

i think the titles is good too because it represents the book

I think the book is alrigth for preteen or kids 12 and up not for little kids because of the violence. what bout you?
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2011

A good way to show kids that they can be pretty lucky

well i really like books with teen problems cause it kinda well i think gives people a message of like these things do happen but are u going to let them happen to u and it helps me kinda set gols for my self and well im a 7th grader and im a staright A andB student and i dnt get in trouble alot and i also think this book kinda will opean your eyes to see the world in a differnt way. so i hope u will or have liked it!!!! =)
Teen, 13 years old Written bystudent1101 August 17, 2011

Best Book!

I'm 11 years old, I had to read this book for a book report. I have to say thank you to all my teachers and the faculty at my school. I LOVE this book! It's a wonderful book! You all should read it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuckyPleo June 18, 2011

Love it!

Beautiful, touching story. 11 is safe to read it, 12 will understand it. I loved it, it has action like everyone loves, but is dignified as it is not fantasy action but realistic that could happen. I Loved this book! Even a friend of mine who, I just can't say those words, OK, "hates reading'' loved it. Not a book to miss!
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2011

It's a Keeper!

I think this is such a good book and is definitely on for 12 year olds! But this book shouldn't be read if under 12 years old. Runaway includes many social issues including bullying, neglect, death, poverty, abuse, drugs/alcohol, money and adoption. Although some of these social issues aren't positive, its what makes the book good and realistic. Plus the reader can learn a lot from the character Holly and her experiences. Great book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrara44 May 26, 2011

runaway is the best

i loved it I thought it was sad in just a really good book!!
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2011

Ohh Yeahh! :)

I loved this book! N im only 12 jus cuzz there is cusing so? Yur going to hear it in yur everyday life!