All member reviews for Rx

Teen, 16 years old Written bylilpepper127 April 9, 2008

good book

I loved this book. especially the ending when she doesn't throw the two riralin pills in the toilet. Whic means she has not fully left her high school habit behind.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygsfjelp9 April 9, 2008

every teen should read

I like this book so far and i do know kids like this that use ritilin and atterol just to use it. I lost one of my best friends cause he was crushing up these meds and snorting them like coke. i have not done that but i have taken oxycodone just to feel good. but it made me sick cause kept doing it and i had to end up taking 9 1/2 of them just to feel good because my body got used to them and i had to be rushed to the hospital. so i do believe that all teens that want to take drugs should should read this and think of the consequences.
Teen, 16 years old Written byelizfo April 9, 2008

Hits the real issues facing teens

This book talks about the real world. Kids at my highschool are addicts and it was helpful to me and my friends to read this. it was totally appropriate, because it's what actually is going on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkCarnival April 9, 2008

Pretty Effin' Awesome

This is a damn good book and I think everyone should read it. It talks about a lot of things many people are going through or have already gone through. I didn't think the language or the behavior was that bad. Parents are probably thinking "This is inappropriate. My children are never going to read this." Well let me tell you, your kids probably already know half the stuff in this book and maybe more. Parents underestimate kids and that's probably one of the main reasons they don't relate anymore or they can't talk to each other on the same level. If parents would just come to terms with the fact that their kids are growing and understanding a lot more than maybe they might have a better relationship with their kids and they would stop rebelling. But you have to be open-minded about what your kids are saying. If all you do is listen and then tell them they're wrong, that'll just get you into more arguments and just make it worse. But whatever, I'm only a fourteen year old girl. What do I know? But yeah, it was a good book. Go and read it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJrubinstein6 February 18, 2011

Great for Parents and Teens

I, being 15, think that the book sends an important message to kids my age and their parents. The kids see that they can get caught and the parents have to accept that it's happening. I recommend this book to everyone 14-18 and parents of all kids. (Parents, I am not telling you to raid your kids rooms, just talk to them, be a cool parents and make it so the can trust you. My mom has made it so I can talk to her about school to how my boyfriend and my sex life is. She is cool about it because she knows that whether she ignores it or accepts it it's still going to happen. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it's not there.)
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeadlinefan123 January 17, 2011

Really good book but its slow

This book is about a girl who is addicted to Ridilin and basically runs a perscription drug circle. its about her overcomming her addiction and basically becoming an adult.
Teen, 16 years old Written byroc2theEDGE April 30, 2010

Pretty good

It's a pretty good book, no real big issue besides the drug use to be concerned with
Teen, 15 years old Written byalove03 March 12, 2010

7th grade & up

I loved it. This is one of my favorite books I've ever read. It informed me of so many drugs and what they do. I read it when i was 12 and I told all my friends about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjhgx3 December 29, 2009

Coming from a diagnosed A.D.D. sufferer who has taken adderall...

This book gives an interesting perspective of kids who think they have "problems", but aren't able to get the help they need (like I did). There are tons and tons of people just like Thyme out there. I loved this book-- an instant favorite of mine. It's very educational, and it deals with high school students (mostly Juniors and Seniors). Seeing as typical High Schools can be just as Thyme describes hers, it's age appropriate for High School students. Though the drug additions and cursing could be a concern for some, teenagers deal with these kinds of things on a daily basis, and without really even noticing. I guarantee that this book is nothing a teenager hasn't seen before (I'm a sophomore myself, and I know I've seen it all), and it's completely worth the read.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywalkingtalkingl... September 17, 2009

Love it! A great portrayal of drug addiction and shows how easy it is to deal in schools.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaxela33 September 6, 2009

A Teen's Take

I am a fourteen year old girl. I found this book very age appropriate, but then again, I am mature enough for it. It was certainly educational, for I wasn't aware perscription drug abuse was such a problem in today's teens. I would give this book a chance if I were you, because not only is it a wonderful story, but Thyme is a very real character. And really, this book doesn't reveal anything your kids haven't already been exposed to. I agree with DarkCarnival. Just read it. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bymrjetrocks July 25, 2009

I read this book awhile ago but I can still remember it. It gives a real look into high schools these days and how teens find prescription drugs to be "safer" than the illegal ones. I suggest parents read it more than kids to ge ta look into modern high school.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhaleyxxmucho December 12, 2008

so real.

this book, in my opinion, was one of the best books i've read in a while. it was extremely realistic, that is actually how kids find Rx drugs in today's society. There is a lot in this world that parents don't get about our generation. There is no way we could explain it to make sense, but this book would probably help build a few bricks to bridge the gap. I strongly suggest to read it.

Bad in both ways.

this book not only is has terrible language and messages but is also not very interesting. in other words, this book is boring and swears too much. the only interesting part is the end but no one even gets there because the middle is so bad. this book sends a bad message to teens about drugs and how if you are careful you won't get caught. and that isn't even true. you do get caught. this is not a good book for anyone under the age of 16.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bywizkid6986 April 9, 2008

Probably not appropriate for kids under 13.

This book was awesome and kind of disturbing. there was a great deal of swearing, and some "iffy" portions, but if you can look past that then Rx is a MUST READ.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPinkFloyd April 9, 2008

Really good

It was a really good book. It shows realaity in High School. It all so shows a lot of things go wrong with leagel drugs.